New GT

Delexjb

GT Owner
May 27, 2006
Portland, Oregon
I have just purchased a brand new 2005 GT. Unfortunately it is raining outside so I am unable to take the car home. I am wondering if the price I paid was a good one and also what I should worry about when driving the car. I paid $160,000, and it had a $161,900 window sticker. Upgraded wheels with 19' rears and 18' front tires, painted calipers, a full Macintosh system and no middle stripe. Sound like a good buy?

My second question is what are some of the things I should pay attention to since this is the first, non ESC supercar I have owned. My current daily driver is a Mercedes CLS 55 AMG with a full Renntech upgrade. This blown 5.5 litre V-8 is making 617 hp and 650 fpt, but obviously these two cars are completely different. I also own a 02 Ford Lightning with upgrades that have that truck making 450 hp. While the Lightning does not have ESC, something tells me that my GT experience will be completely different.

It was either the GT or the Viper, and based on what I have read here, it sounds like I made the right call. All of you have been very informative and made the decision easy. I don't think I will sleep much tonight waiting for my first drive tomorrow!

05 GT Red w/o Stripe
06 Roush Mustang GT
06 Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
05 Dodge Ram SRT 10
05 Ford Expedition

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
White Petunia said:
Congratulations!

My sticker was 162195, invoice 150551.70 holdback 4766
invoice less holdback 145785.70

I paid 146285.70 (500 over inv less holdback)
Most owners paid less than me, but I was wiling to pay more to get the options I wanted. A buddy got his for A-plan, which was around $145k, but he has the Mac stereo, and I don't)

Bottom line, if you are happy with the price you paid, no matter what it was, then it's a good deal! Congrats!!

The GT is a great car for a car enthusiast. You made a good choice.

Paid less than you? I think you have bought at the lowest price I have seen.
I paid $15k over window two years before the first car left the production line.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Delexjb said:
I have just purchased a brand new 2005 GT. Unfortunately it is raining outside so I am unable to take the car home. I am wondering if the price I paid was a good one and also what I should worry about when driving the car. I paid $160,000, and it had a $161,900 window sticker. Upgraded wheels with 19' rears and 18' front tires, painted calipers, a full Macintosh system and no middle stripe. Sound like a good buy?

My second question is what are some of the things I should pay attention to since this is the first, non ESC supercar I have owned. My current daily driver is a Mercedes CLS 55 AMG with a full Renntech upgrade. This blown 5.5 litre V-8 is making 617 hp and 650 fpt, but obviously these two cars are completely different. I also own a 02 Ford Lightning with upgrades that have that truck making 450 hp. While the Lightning does not have ESC, something tells me that my GT experience will be completely different.

It was either the GT or the Viper, and based on what I have read here, it sounds like I made the right call. All of you have been very informative and made the decision easy. I don't think I will sleep much tonight waiting for my first drive tomorrow!

05 GT Red w/o Stripe
06 Roush Mustang GT
06 Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
05 Dodge Ram SRT 10
05 Ford Expedition

welcome, you will enjoy the car... no question about it. My wife drives a CLK55AMG w/o the tricks, still a neat car, don't want mama to have more ponies than me... :biggrin

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Delexjb, congratulations!!! :banana You're obviously used to great cars and now you have another in the collection! Enjoy!!!

And Vince, you really are a cheapskate and now I'm really jealous!!! Given the car you have, the price you paid, and how you managed the entire order/production process, you truly got the deal of the century!!! :biggrin

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
bony said:
Paid less than you? I think you have bought at the lowest price I have seen.
I paid $15k over window two years before the first car left the production line.

How the hell did he get the car for $145? The dealer that I got my car from just offered me $155 after almost 3800 miles!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Vince is the Man, I think he should be in charge of purchasing. We need a group buy, call Vince. What the hay, I am willing to keep Vince on retainer and maybe a 5% commission for negociations that he might get involved in.
Today I paid $3.41 for a gallon of Premium 91 octaine gas. Bet Vince would have gotten a hell of a deal. :club :club :party :party

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
White Petunia said:
Congratulations!

My sticker was 162195, invoice 150551.70 holdback 4766
invoice less holdback 145785.70

I paid 146285.70 (500 over inv less holdback)
Most owners paid less than me, but I was wiling to pay more to get the options I wanted. A buddy got his for A-plan, which was around $145k, but he has the Mac stereo, and I don't)

Bottom line, if you are happy with the price you paid, no matter what it was, then it's a good deal! Congrats!!

The GT is a great car for a car enthusiast. You made a good choice.
This is the least I have heard of anybody paying for a new GT.

Delexjb

GT Owner
May 27, 2006
Portland, Oregon
Today was a great day! It finally quit raining and the sun came out so I was able to pickup my GT, and 100 miles later I am positive I made the right call on the GT over the Viper. Man, what a car! I just got in from 3 hours of cruisin around town. I don't think I have ever had that much attention in a car in my life. Thanks again to all of you for helping me make the right call, this car is awesome!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Congratulations on the car - don't worry about the price, I paid $279,051.90 for mine and I still think it was money well spent....

Mind you, in the UK we get at least an additional $100,000 dollars worth of looks!!

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Congratulations and enjoy the ride!! :cheers

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ed's GT before it was Ed's GT

Here is a photo of my white GT at Harrold Ford in Sacramento. The owner is a GT nut & frequents this site often. He has a white one similar to mine & is thinking of keeping the Heritage for himself. The red one sold last week.

Ed_s_white_GT_at_Harrold_Ford.JPG

Thanks again nota4re for the photo posting help! Now I can't stop.

Ed

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Thanks again nota4re for the photo posting help! Now I can't stop.

I'll let you know if I find a suitable medication!

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
New Owner...

Been sitting on the side-lines for many years...my new GT arrives Friday! Heritage Edition. What a day. Fell in love with the original in 1965. Colin Crabbe drivng. Bounced around many GT40 activities for many years - including a visit to the CAV factory in Cape Town.

You guys crack me up. Been following the 'forum' for a few weeks and get the feeling there are a few of me out there.

Not a real 'forum' guy...too many other distractions...but this is my "coming out" announcement. I hope to meet many of you on the road...

Gordon, on Folly.

914-6
914-6
Mini Cooper S (real one)
Mini Cooper Si (real)
Mini Coper S (real)
Alfa
63 Gallaxie 500 XL
220 SEb
560 SL
57 Bel Air Barris Custom Coupe
Morgan Roadster
Wanderlodge PT40
Yes, I have a big garrage. ( and did'nt finish the list...)
PS: I'm the guy all the wives hate!!!

Last edited: