http://www.torquenstein.net/movies/imv/Joes_GT.wmv

Enjoy-

Last edited:

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Hmm, that's pik06's car...

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426

So when is he gonna put those rear exit headers on?

BlackCar

Jan 16, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Soon, I believe. When he does and gets a racefuel tune, we'd like to be there again with the cameras for more action.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
BTW, who setup his tuning for the sauce and how much is he on?

BlackCar

Jan 16, 2006
Gainesville, FL
The shop on the dyno sheet - HP Performance.

I drove the car only once on the track, didn't get to look at the boost gauge, but it should be 21 psi? 2.58" pulley... It was still on a full factory exhaust including cats and 93 octane. I assume the tune might be slightly conservative to be safe in higher gears (more load).

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
It's interesting to see the amount of suspension travel under heavy braking and to see people have such fun driving the GT.

Great little video - liked the opening music (who was that?), wasn't sure about the voiceover! It sounded like someone trying (and failing) to do a British accent - we (Brits) of course, always do American accents on our home made videos to make them sound more international!

Great fun...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, that voiceover was pretty wack. Someone's been watching a bit too much Top/Final Gear. :lol

Otherwise, cool video. What kind of cameras did you guys use for it? Editing software? :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
p.s opening music was Rage Against the Machine.

BlackCar

Jan 16, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Neilda said:
It sounded like someone trying (and failing) to do a British accent - we (Brits) of course, always do American accents on our home made videos to make them sound more international!

Great fun...

We're just dot-head cab drivers poking fun at the Brits. Obviously we suck at it, and will never be Tiff Needell! It's all in good fun. :biggrin

We use Canon GL-2 cameras and Sony Vegas 6.0 to edit.

Thanks all for the comments.

Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I thought it was great fun and not in the slightest bit offended. I suspect the British accent is quite hard to do - it's natural to me. It's very easy to hear someone trying it out! Mike Myers can do it superbly AND a scottish one too...

Thanks for the music clue - is there a particular CD that that track is on? I'd like to buy it.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Unbelievable CD. Good thing is, they pretty much made the same record 2 more times before they broke up :lol

B0000028RR.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
Hah ha, I just watched that, and it really makes the message hit home- Thats one badazz car! They are having entirely too much fun! btw, that fake accent thing has to go!

At about 2:20 in the vid, thats Eric Clapton off the "Riding with the King" album, he did with BB King. Got some Metallica in there as well, and some Fat Boy Slim, I think.

That Rage album cover image was a real photograph from the 1960's, where a Buddist monk set himself on fire to protest, and bring attention to, the war in Vietnam. My, how things stay the same...

Some tracks on the burning monk Rage album are great, like "Killin' in the name of", and "Fist full of steel". They sound rauccous and are fun to listen to, but when I play guitar like that, I don't feel good when I'm done, just strung out and nervous. I prefer the blues, and blues based rock. Its got heart!

Now back to the Ford GT related discussion-

Last edited:

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
afterburner

Cool little vid. What about the flames in the back, is that normal !? Does Piko run the headers without cats ? I almost suspect it... :thumbsup
Piko 06, pls clarify buddy !

BlackCar

Jan 16, 2006
Gainesville, FL
In the video it has full stock exhaust. But now it's got headers, etc as you mentioned... and it's LOUD! Like a real racecar. :thumbsup

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
BlackCar said:
In the video it has full stock exhaust. But now it's got headers, etc as you mentioned... and it's LOUD! Like a real racecar. :thumbsup

Would you mind making a short vid of the car at idle and a pull...I'd love to hear this setup.

BlackCar

Jan 16, 2006
Gainesville, FL
We are in a different city, but I'll see if I can get some Dyno footage this week.

But another guy who lives near the car filmed and edited this:
http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2R3F6NE760MVP2ESZQ7JS3X11O

(Streetfire version of same vid):
http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=F7B94C5F-2DD1-485A-8450-7021CAFC1A4D

There are some short clips of the GT in the middle.

Shoman594

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
It was a nice video, seems like a nice guy too by sharing the wealth :)

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Was that prochared cobra a 03 or 04?

And thanks for the vid, I guess he got the headers and mufflers on eh :wink

BlackCar

Jan 16, 2006
Gainesville, FL
I think it's an 04 from what I read somewhere. It made 703 to the wheels with some spray.

Joe is going to dyno again with the MAF before he goes to the track... we'll see.