New "Ford garage" almost done...

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Daniel, Which car did you end up buying?

Have not actually purchased yet. Still shopping (negotiating) and want to get this over with asap so that I can start to enjoy rather than wait.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I can send a detailed picture tomorrow of the lock if you would like. DJ

Thank you for the added info. This sounds like a fantastic system.

Yes, a detailed picture would be great!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
One solution: Throw cash at the problem and replace w/ a wall-mounted jackshaft opener.

Looked at that option when I replaced the motor a few months back...but the door weighs a few hundred pounds more now, because of the diamond plate on it...

Last edited:

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I did exactly that, but sadly, the door motor sits dead center above the windshield of any car that goes up there...and I still lose a foot because of that.

I just moved the garage door opener off center. I will get a pic to show. Worked so good I did it to the other door and these are double doors.

John

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
2cargarage.png

That's some rough sex!:eek

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I would, but I'd have to rip down cut sheets of diamond plate and re-install new ones to cover the holes, because I don't want anything showing once I move the motor...I wish I'd have thought about that before I did the whole garage. :(

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Thank you for the added info. This sounds like a fantastic system.

Yes, a detailed picture would be great!

Please see the attached pictures. Note the lock devise is attached to the roll up metal frame and lock bolt is installed to be over one of the door rollers. Bolt is 1/2" in diameter. Can manually push the bolt back or use the button on key pad to disengage as well. Hope this helps. If any other information is needed please feel free to contact me. DJ

35iug41.jpg
[/IMG]

mkkm4h.jpg
[/IMG]

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Are the locks from LiftMaster as well?

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Are the locks from LiftMaster as well?

Yes, as a package deal.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I have this set up on my doors as well and they are pretty slick! I would never install a center chain or belt drive system again, they are that nice!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Thank you very much!! this looks like one sweet setup.

Now where's that number for my local LiftMaster rep.............:thumbsup