New "Ford garage" almost done...

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Gentlemen,

The Rotary Revolution is a very high quality lift. I bought one of the last of their "home use" models that was made in the USA. Their commercial lifts are still made in America but two years ago they shifted production of their home lifts to China. Price was cut in half and lift capacity went up. There are still a few USA built Revolutions in dealer stock but they cost about $7000. A local friend just bought 3 Direct Lifts for $5700 total ($1900 each) that do the same thing. They don't look as cool in his garage though. I think a red blooded American Ford GT deserves to live on an American lift. :usa

Backyard Buddy is one of the few left. This Chinese thing is starting to bug me.

Chip

For the record, Rotary purchased Direct Lift and the Revolution is now the same as the Pro Park 9 Plus.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I'm using the Pro Park 9 plus myself - paid about $2900.00 shipped 2 years ago. It's a great lift and I've had nothing but good things to say about it. Only took a few hours to install, and that's bolting it down and cutting the tiles to fit! As soon as the GT arrives, the Z and Viper go on the lift side of the garage and the GT will be sitting in the Z's place!

IMG-20101105-00006.jpg

Excuse the ladder - LOL

IMG_0651.jpg

This garage wishes it had a Pro Park 9 Plus --

2cargarage.png

Last edited:

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
^Looks like Ford came out on top of that encounter too.:biggrin

tanner

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2011
And the Vespa wasn't touched....still has the price tag on it.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
This is how F got the idea to call one of the new models an F150
I'm using the Pro Park 9 plus myself - paid about $2900.00 shipped 2 years ago. It's a great lift and I've had nothing but good things to say about it. Only took a few hours to install, and that's bolting it down and cutting the tiles to fit! As soon as the GT arrives, the Z and Viper go on the lift side of the garage and the GT will be sitting in the Z's place!

IMG-20101105-00006.jpg

Excuse the ladder - LOL

IMG_0651.jpg

This garage wishes it had a Pro Park 9 Plus --

2cargarage.png

Outkastscc

Oct 17, 2007
Mohawk lifts are made in the USA.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Chip,
Looking at the pics makes me wonder doesn't the lift need to go up a little to come off of the locks? Man that looks close to the ceiliing. I put air in my Ferrari and it almost hits the ceiling.

John

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Congrats on finishing up the Ford Garage. With all of the other posted pictures of cars and garages, helps me to decide on more of the finishing touches for my shop spaces. As for the lifts, can only comment on the Back Yard Buddy. Own 3 at present and will be adding the 4th along with a Mohawk 2 post lift sometime this summer or fall. BYB lifts have been trouble free and quality of construction seems to be great. Added advantage of these lifts is mobility. Can add wheels to relocate the lift as needed. Will have a bay dedicated to Fords, one to foreign, and the Vetts along with Porsches have their own building that is attached to the house. Hope the GT gets here soon. DJ
2vl1vlt.jpg
[/IMG]

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Chip,
Looking at the pics makes me wonder doesn't the lift need to go up a little to come off of the locks? Man that looks close to the ceiliing. I put air in my Ferrari and it almost hits the ceiling.

John

John,

It's actually 8" from the lowest edge of the garage door when it's open. I use corresponding tape marks on the lift so I know how high to lift the GT (I have different marks for the Shelby's). When I bought that Rotary Revolution I was given a choice of the new Chinese built Revolution - http://www.revolutionlift.com/RFP9-9000-Pound-Capacity-Four-Post-Lift-P2C4.aspx - which has a 9000lb capacity for $3000, or the recently discontinued American built Revolution with a lower 7000lb capacity for $6700. With my keen eye for a great deal, I bought the American built model. :lol

Chip

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Chip,

I was really looking at the ceiling, but I know from first hand experience that sometime it's just the angle your at. I have the Rotary 2 post and a Bendpak 4 post and the only thing I wished I'd done was change the ceiling height on the 4 post side when I was having the Garagemahal built. I can look at great garages all day. Mine is full of projects in various stages of completion. One of my problems is I don't sem to be able let them go once completed.

John

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Chip,

I was really looking at the ceiling, but I know from first hand experience that sometime it's just the angle your at. I have the Rotary 2 post and a Bendpak 4 post and the only thing I wished I'd done was change the ceiling height on the 4 post side when I was having the Garagemahal built. I can look at great garages all day. Mine is full of projects in various stages of completion. One of my problems is I don't sem to be able let them go once completed.

John

My garage ceiling was plenty high at over 10 feet, but my garage door in the open position was only 8.5 feet high so I had a garage door company modify the rails so it was snug up against the ceiling in it's up position. Now with the GT on the lift I have 5' 10" under the lift. Not quite high enough to stand under but pretty close. Most garage doors have 8' openings and rails that run parallel to the roof from 8.5' to 9' high. Moving those rails up was cheap and created a lot more usable height.

Chip

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I did exactly that, but sadly, the door motor sits dead center above the windshield of any car that goes up there...and I still lose a foot because of that.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
I did exactly that, but sadly, the door motor sits dead center above the windshield of any car that goes up there...and I still lose a foot because of that.

One solution: Throw cash at the problem and replace w/ a wall-mounted jackshaft opener.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
One solution: Throw cash at the problem and replace w/ a wall-mounted jackshaft opener.

Yes--I have 3 of them made by Liftmaster--they are well made and strong.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ditto on the Liftmaster jackshaft openers

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Liftmaster is one of the better ways to go. Little black boxes to the side are the auto locks for the doors. Each opener comes with a RF light (can be installed anywhere in your garage), and RF key pad along with the wired opener which has a light, lock, and open door button. Further, they display time/temp on the read-out which is illuminated and that function is controlled by an integral PIR. Had all the door hardware powder coated to help all this stuff to blend better with interior. DJ

b8pr0m.jpg
[/IMG]

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Daniel, Which car did you end up buying?

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Liftmaster is one of the better ways to go. Little black boxes to the side are the auto locks for the doors. Each opener comes with a RF light (can be installed anywhere in your garage), and RF key pad along with the wired opener which has a light, lock, and open door button. Further, they display time/temp on the read-out which is illuminated and that function is controlled by an integral PIR. Had all the door hardware powder coated to help all this stuff to blend better with interior. DJ

b8pr0m.jpg
[/IMG]

Would you mind explaining your setup with a little more detail behind it please? It sounds very intriguing.
I would like to hear about the door locks and how they work in particular. Manufacturer names would be helpful as well (I'm assuming LiftMaster...but wanted to make sure).

Thanks!

Would this be what we are looking at? - http://www.liftmaster.com/consumerweb/pages/productmodeldetail.aspx?modelId=723

Last edited:

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Wall mounted Liftmaster used with lifts (as opposed to overhead motors)

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Kingman,

Opener is the following residential unit:

http://www.liftmaster.com/consumerweb/products/pflResidentialJackshaft.htm

Locks are solenoid based and are attached to the steel roll up frame. When door closes, the lock is automatically engaged and when button is pushed to open the door the lock then retracts and stay retracted until door is closed again. When the lock engages, a steel bolt goes through the roll up frame and is positioned over one of the wheels that is attached to the door. I can send a detailed picture tomorrow of the lock if you would like. DJ