New build

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
There were a couple of guys posting on here with their chassis build ups from scratch.. whats become of them.

Reactions: HighHP and roketman

Domantas

Jul 22, 2019
Pulling my hair out for selling my chassis. Interested to see what guys came up with as well. If any of them still around PM me, you have a buyer.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
There were a couple of guys posting on here with their chassis build ups from scratch.. whats become of them.
no one can match what you achieved! I thoroughly enjoyed watching your build posts! Hope you are enjoying your achievement

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
There are several of us working on building our cars. Slow process but collecting up parts and working away.

Attachments

• IMG_5187.JPG
    IMG_5187.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5189.JPG
    IMG_5189.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 76

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Can I ask why build a car from ground up??
How can you control the cost of piecing it all together?
Or are you guys idiot savants that have an itch that needs scratching and morons like me just dont get it?

How long does it take to build one.

Stuart

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
I suppose it's the challenge of the build. For those that built model cars and airplanes when they were kids will get it. Some guys want to built their own track / custom car and not butcher up a perfectly good GT. Others bought entire powertrains and supporting hardware from crashed GT cars. You can't really do this venture unless you have been collecting parts for a long time.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I give myself a "Hi-Five" when I change my own oil. You guys are in a league of your own and have my admiration.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I give myself a "Hi-Five" when I change my own oil. You guys are in a league of your own and have my admiration.
I’m with you Howard!!
But honestly you’re one step up on me I don’t even change my oil!
But I make up for it in driving!

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
For me it was a no brainer. 2012 cost for a GT in Australia was over $500,000, Luckily when i did mine the $ was on pare with the USA

Reactions: roketman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
For me it was a no brainer. 2012 cost for a GT in Australia was over $500,000, Luckily when i did mine the $ was on pare with the USA
Repost a few build pictures!!
Those of you who did not see this build . ItwS pretty amazing

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Pulling my hair out for selling my chassis. Interested to see what guys came up with as well. If any of them still around PM me, you have a buyer.
Rich Brooks has a new chassis in the crate. FYI

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Thanks Rocketman. Just search ultrasportracing posts, its all there. Still loving looking at her and driving her. My mate has 2 a silver one and a red one that is going through a Right hand drive conversion now..

Attachments

• aussies1.jpg
    aussies1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 18
  • aussies.jpg
    aussies.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0118 (002).JPG
    IMG_0118 (002).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • Ute 007.jpg
    Ute 007.jpg