New Accufab GT X-Pipe

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
After reading the posts about the heat sink caused by the stock exhaust. The weight of it. The possible increase in performance. I am contemplating on "upgrading" I am looking forward to seeing GTS with these new exhausts. hear them and looking at other mods such as woofer deleted or relocated cars at he meet.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
At what price? 2.5k or 1.5k

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Looks great!! How soon can you ship? How much extra for coating?
GT GUYS are you watching this thread, I am waiting to hear from you.
Thanks! :biggrin

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
This system looks good and at a better price point than competing systems.

It was stated in a previous post that the sound is not "uncomfortably noisy". Can you (John at accufab) or any other members who have heard the system comment on whether there is any "highway drone" at sustained cruising speeds?

I think many people can tolerate aggressive sound at idle or when they are "getting on it", but highway drone can be a nuisance.

Eric

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
New Exhausts

This is all nice but how about a real exhaust:

http://64.62.242.228/GT/Exit.jpg

When this is finished It wll be about $1500 with a removable muffler insert so you can be all you want to be on the track or at the mall and look Boss! The outlet will be oval and fill the openings instead of the skinny pipe look. It flows more than a 3 inch pipe without the muffler inserts and flows the same as a 3 inch pipe with the inserts because it is 4.5 inches! Bookmark
www.fordgtexhaust.com as this is where the info will be when it's ready.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Another new product, keep them coming, and I hope the

BOB IDA BOB IDA BOB IDA BOB IDA BOB IDA BOB IDA BOB IDA BOB IDA BOB IDA BOB IDA BOB IDA BOB IDA BOB IDA BOB IDA BOB IDA BOB IDA BOB IDA BOB IDA BOB IDA

guys dont accuse you of stealing some modern invention that only he can come up with.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Pipe

A 3 inch pipe doesn't look too inventive. :biggrin

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
John, is there an option for those who have removed the bumper. I took about 3" off the Borla tips and it looks about right (imho).
What if I drove my car over for a fitting?
Steve

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
Steve, modifying one of our pipes for your application should not be a problem. In regard to the sound, I found it to be comfortable. It certainly is louder as to be expected. We made the offer to all of the ones that we installed that if the customer was unhappy with the sound (or anything else for that matter) that we'd simply reinstall their old muffler at no cost to them. That's about as good as I can do. So far, everyone has been very happy with the sound and the quality.

John

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm still looking for somebody to make a system that can be used with the Ford Racing delete cat headers. The standard manifolds on the GT is a plain joke. The headers will release a great amount of power from the engine, but removing the cats certainly makes it noisy... Almost too noisy to use with the Borla.

Is the Acufab setup more or less noisy compared to the Borla??

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I think the stock or Borla exhaust are removed altogether so I'll bet its a bunch louder.
John, as I understand the only sound muffler left are the cats?

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
It's not much different than the sound of the Borla, and not at all objectionable. Were it not for the design with the merger at the X, it WOULD be uncomfortably loud. John says that "it's a sound that commands respect", if that's any help.

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
So are the pipes straight through, or do you have some sort of muffler inside?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Accufab said:
It's not much different than the sound of the Borla, and not at all objectionable. Were it not for the design with the merger at the X, it WOULD be uncomfortably loud. John says that "it's a sound that commands respect", if that's any help.

I just asked this question on another thread, compare your exhaist with Borla's. Borla's only modestly increase hp... how about yours?

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
there's a lot of talk on "how loud is it?" and all that I read are subjective statements, why then doesn't any manufacturer post decibel levels of their exhaust system together with a sound clip so that we can hear the growl, or the raspiness, or..whatever and the decibel level will give you an idea of the loudness. So far I've only heard the Borla.

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
Ok people! I am really CONFUSED!! What is a good exhaust replacement to the original? Is it Tubi, Accufab or Borla; we heard Borla over this forum but what about the other manuf.? Did anyone install the Accufab exhaust system yet? Can we have some feedback, PLEASE!!

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
Accufab exhaust

I'm scheduled to have the Accufab X-pipe installed on Tuesday, along with with an upgraded chip. I'l let you know how it goes. Hopefully I won't need earplugs for the drive home.

Craig

DLKGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 10, 2005
Southern CA & Hilo, Hawaii
I had the Accufab X-pipe (along with their upgraded chip and air inlet support) installed at Accufab several weeks ago.

How does it sound? - I still can't get the smile off my face! It now sounds like it looks. Yes, it can be loud, but only when you want it, controlled by your right foot. Driven with discretion, it will not raise an eyebrow, but put your right foot down and it can wake the dead. Think big block CanAm car under full tilt!

Other SoCal GT owners, after hearing the Accufab X-pipe on my car, have made appointments with John at Accufab to get thiers installed. Need I say more?

Any SoCal GT owners are welcome to stop by at the Crystal Cove car show tomorrow (Sat, 7/29, 6-9 am) to see & hear the system on my car.

oskie100

GT Owner
Nov 23, 2005
Simi Valley, California
Borla to Accufab

I put a Borla Muffler on my car about 5 months ago. It looks great, polished and great exhaust tips, but the car still retains more heat than i would like. Wtih the Borla it runs the same temps as stock and sounds a little louder than stock. Met with John at Accufab last saturday and took a ride in a car with the x pipe. After about 5 minutes of driving the decision was simple. The GT with the X pipe simply sounds like it should and is only loud when your foot is in it.

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Oskie100 and DLKGT,

I am throughly convinced that the Accufab pipe sounds good at idle and when you are "gettin' on it".

However, can either of you comment on the amount and quality of the dreaded "highway" drone? This is usually an accoustic resonance mode that occurs between 1800 and 2300 RPM: right smack-dab in the middle of highway cruising RPM range.

I've asked this question before but have yet to get an answer from an actual GT owner with an Accufab pipe.

Also, can either of you post photos of the pipe installed? It would be nice to see how the pipe looks on the car (principally when viewing from behind and from the engine compartment with the clamshell up).

Thanks
Eric

Last edited: