new 2.5million luxo boat

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
all was going so well when the turnbuckle snapped, now you can make hay over our loss...

Attachments

• Boat 1 LiftOff.JPG
    Boat 1 LiftOff.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 298
  • Boat 2 Splash.jpg
    Boat 2 Splash.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 303
  • Boat 3 BottomsUp.JPG
    Boat 3 BottomsUp.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 298

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Shiester, Ripov, Gouge & Crookshank ...1-800-OOH CRAP.

That really stinks.

'Hope the 2 dudes tossed overboard were alright. :willy :willy :willy

DANG .....................

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I'd like to know what that dude in the back of the boat is thinking at that moment it Snapped !! He's in the locked mode for the ride. That splash will not score good with the diving judges !!!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
:ack

Terrible to see nice toys destroyed..... Who's boat? Someone here?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
i hope not, just some jpegs somebody sent to me.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Who in their right mind would want to ride that thing down on the end of a rope anyway. I hope they all got out of it ok.:slap

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The French judge gave the dive a #5, damn boat was made on the Cote d'Azur

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Who in their right mind would want to ride that thing down on the end of a rope anyway. :slap

'Zackly. I was really surprised when I noticed that dude trying to super glue himself to the transom! The other guy musta already hit the drink by the time that photo was taken.

The boat launches around here don't allow anyone to be aboard a boat that's being "sling launched" ... or at least they didn't 'back in the day' when I was concerned with such things. 'Couldn't even walk along beside one being launched. This mishap is a grade "A" example of why.

'Wonder if the yacht's name is "Titanic II"? Yuh think? :shrug

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
boat launch

EP - they changed it to "Head First" --jeff

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Who in their right mind would want to ride that thing down on the end of a rope anyway. I hope they all got out of it ok.:slap

Standard deal to have crew on board. The boat was being unloaded from a large freighter after the trip across the Pacific. There are no docking facilities at the commercial ports where these boats are unloaded. You can watch this kind of operation at the port of Miami quite frequently. I've never seen/heard of this kind of mishap before.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
EP - they changed it to "Head First" --jeff

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! 'More descriptive! :thumbsup

(Hmmmmm. How 'bout "Bow Down":bow ... or, "Down in Front"? :shrug )

Last edited:

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Apparently they don't have the kal-osha types to deal with in that part of the country. I don't think they allow that stuff here in the PRK. Here in the PRK you need a college degree to drive a forklift. :confused

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Apparently they don't have the kal-osha types to deal with in that part of the country. I don't think they allow that stuff here in the PRK. Here in the PRK you need a college degree to drive a forklift. :confused

No, you are mistaken. You don't need a college degree in CA to drive a forklift, you just get paid as if you did!

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
No, you are mistaken. You don't need a college degree in CA to drive a forklift, you just get paid as if you did!

But you must admit that there is some extensive training for the job. And yes the do get paid well.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Standard deal to have crew on board.

Do you have any idea why, Chris?

It would seem the yacht could be lowered over the side of the freighter next to a ladder with a passenger platform at it's base ... and when the yacht's in the water, the crew could decend the ladder & board it B4 the slings were detached.

That'd sure seem to be a much safer way to do it! :bang

Mr. I. B. Spineless

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Can answer that one.. Its due to likelihood of damage being done to the smaller boat. Most boats would have huge damage if they even touched a freighter of that size. Think of it as your gt bumping a tank at two miles an hour.... who loses? Most boats under X foot are fiberglass and over x are steel or aluminum. Either way its paint work for the smaller boat at minimum which means down time in the yard.

So its cheaper to risk injury of a crewman than damage to the yacht.

Do you have any idea why, Chris?

It would seem the yacht could be lowered over the side of the freighter next to a ladder with a passenger platform at it's base ... and when the yacht's in the water, the crew could decend the ladder & board it B4 the slings were detached.

That'd sure seem to be a much safer way to do it! :bang

Mr. I. B. Spineless

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Can answer that one.. Its due to likelihood of damage being done to the smaller boat. Most boats would have huge damage if they even touched a freighter of that size. Think of it as your gt bumping a tank at two miles an hour.... who loses? Most boats under X foot are fiberglass and over x are steel or aluminum. Either way its paint work for the smaller boat at minimum which means down time in the yard.

So its cheaper to risk injury of a crewman than damage to the yacht.

Please understand, I ain't arguin' with ya here, Steve, but I fail to see where a crew aboard any yacht suspended by slings is gunna be able to fend off damage to said yacht if the crane/boom operator "boo-boo's" offloadin' it. If the yacht hits something - it hits something! Dat's it. Done deal. 'Seems to me the crew being aboard it at the time would change nothing. :willy

Mr. Dullard

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Please understand, I ain't arguin' with ya here, Steve, but I fail to see where a crew aboard any yacht suspended by slings is gunna be able to fend off damage to said yacht if the crane/boom operator "boo-boo's" offloadin' it. If the yacht hits something - it hits something! Dat's it. Done deal. 'Seems to me the crew being aboard it at the time would change nothing. :willy

Mr. Dullard

With the crew aboard, they are able to start the engines and get underway immediately after release from the ship's crane. The yacht initially docks nowhere near the freighter. In my boats case, the boat was dropped in the water at the Port of Miami with two aboard and then run for two hours up the ICW to a yard in Ft. Lauderdale for commissioning. The freighters that move these boats are standard container ships. They might have 500 containers on board and only one yacht to deliver. They are not set up to put a man in the water alongside the yacht, nor do the commercial docks where these container ships dock have appropriate facilities. The process works well [though obviously not in this case].

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
They are not set up to put a man in the water alongside the yacht, nor do the commercial docks where these container ships dock have appropriate facilities.

Well then, there you go. (I assume you ment they don't have ladder/'platform setups from which crews can board the yacht at water level.) If they don't have the gear to do it any other way - then they're obviously just a wee short on other options! :biggrin

Hummmmmmmm. But, if they don't have ladders, etc, how do PILOTS get aboard??? (Choppers?) Aaaaaaaaaaah, never mind!!!!!! Fergiddit! 'Duzzunt matter! :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Larry, your fixated on this aren't, talk about a dog with a bone...
Sure hope the owner had Marine Transit Insurance.