Need Struts and Vents

Rickmustang

Feb 19, 2019
Austin, Texas
I replaced my clamshell vents yesterday with billet aluminum ones. The original ones came out broken, so I want to get a new set to store. And my clamshell would not stay up. Where’s the best source? Thanks

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I ordered from Tasca Ford. Lowest price I found at the time. Ed Lee did the same recently and said it took about a month to get them. I doubt any dealer will have them in stock, so it doesn't matter who you order from except for price. The replacements were stronger than OEM ever were. Clamshell opens by itself when I release the latches.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I don't see a way to edit posts. I meant only the struts above. IDK about vents.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't see a way to edit posts. I meant only the struts above. IDK about vents.

Do you now see edit button on lower left of post? There was time limit attached to edits.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Yes. Edit and delete are there now. Were not there immediately after I posted.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I ordered some from Tasca Ford (www.tascaparts.com) yesterday.

Rear: P/N 5G7Z-63406A10-AA 30.48
Front: P/N 5G7Z-16C826-A 36.48

Got an oil filter too.

They have Ford GT parts but their "enter year/model" doesn't include the 05-06 Ford GT and doesn't recognize the VIN. I went to www.fordparts.com to get part numbers. The Tasca prices were enough lower than fordparts direct that the difference in price on one strut covered the shipping for the whole order from Tasca.

Rickmustang

Feb 19, 2019
Austin, Texas
Tasca said struts are no longer available and they cancelled my order from February. Anyone have a source? Thanks

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Tasca said struts are no longer available and they cancelled my order from February. Anyone have a source? Thanks
I just checked the Tasca site and they showed as available all the way down to asking for my credit card. Did you put in the complete part number (including the 5g7z portion)? fordparts.com shows them too albeit for more than Tasca but less than dearborn.

Rickmustang

Feb 19, 2019
Austin, Texas
I called Tasca today and discussed my order number from February, which they charged my credit card for the correct part numbers. Maybe it was a cop out, but they said they cannot get them.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I need frunk struts if anyone knows a source. Probably get clamshell struts as back-ups as well.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
I got mine (front and rear) from Kendall (Nota4re here), easy peasy(y). https://www.cooltechllc.com/

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Can you walk me thru that? Not finding them.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
e-mail Kendall at sales@cooltechllc or PM him here, his call name is "Nota4re"

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Yeah, know who's Kendall is, he just doesn't have them on his site.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
My bad- I would try the site’s e-mail (that’s how I ordered mine).

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks Junior

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Front struts are in stock at warehouse.