Names on the engine build tag

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
Good morning. Question came up and I was asked if both names on GT engine build tags were engine builders or if one was builder and one was a “gofer”? Does anyone know on this forum? Thanks, KO

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
There is a thread with “Who built your engine” which you might find useful. Reach out to GT Joey or the GT guys they should have more info if no one chimes in.

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
It was a “team build”. Both builders whose names are on the embossed tags were considered experts in their field.
Built in Romeo Michigan on the Ford Romeo Engine plant “niche line”
Andy (ajb)

Reactions: roketman

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
There is a thread with “Who built your engine” which you might find useful. Reach out to GT Joey or the GT guys they should have more info if no one chimes in.
Thanks! KO

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
It was a “team build”. Both builders whose names are on the embossed tags were considered experts in their field.
Built in Romeo Michigan on the Ford Romeo Engine plant “niche line”
Andy (ajb)
Thanks! KO

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Did anyone ever take a "census" of the Ford GT engine builders?

If a tag has X and Y on it, were X and Y always paired as a team or might they work with others at different times (discounting for vacations, etc)

I wondered the same things for the GT500 engines too...

How long did it take them to build an engine?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, they worked in teams of two on each hand built engine. Various pairings of eight different builders. There is a list here of all the names. Mr. ELLER was the supervisor as I remember. We have met many of them over the years. Mine is signed by the two that built it and I have the build book.

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
No, they worked in teams of two on each hand built engine. Various pairings of eight different builders. There is a list here of all the names. Mr. ELLER was the supervisor as I remember. We have met many of them over the years. Mine is signed by the two that built it and I have the build book.

And there still looking for the guy that took their book!!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Did the fgt builders move to the gt500 program? How many were on the gt500? I'd expect the group grew because of the gt500 numbers

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
done

Attachments

• Around the World 001.JPG
    Around the World 001.JPG
    550.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Around the World 003.JPG
    Around the World 003.JPG
    628.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Around the World 005.JPG
    Around the World 005.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: extrap and digman1

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Bill Sheffer was one of the engine build team leaders on the Ford GT and then moved on to the Shelby engine builds the end of 2006. He gracefully gave an engine build seminar at GTJoey's "Around the World in a Ford GT" book gathering in Dearborn at the Automotive Hall of Fame Joey put together. I supplied the Ford GT engine display for the seminar. You'll see his name on many of the engine build plates along with Doug Deemer.

You should maybe be returning a call to the customer and forum member here that you are trying to screw out of a clambshell Scott that he owns, paid you for and is not willing to sell it back to you regardless if you are trying to pay him $2000 more for it or not. You are trying to refund him to sell it for more money to benefit yourself, he's been a good customer of yours and a friend... Don't let greed and some bullsh!t excuse about storing it for 3 months ruin a friendship and a relationship with someone. You owe Ed an apology for treating him like this and if it being there for three months was an issue there are plenty of people Ed can or could send to pick it up. Do the right thing Scott or i will post behind every post you make here about this situation. IT'S NOT OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: roketman

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
done

Last edited:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota

Last edited:

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
talked to GTJoey last night, he has a complete list of the dual team engine builders he will post but can't get logged on for some reason.

Last edited:

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
The builders were.......teams of 2 plus managers and developers.
Bill Sheffer / Doug Campbell
R.J. Kreiner / Gary Hunt
Bob Mcentire / Brad Hubbard

Doug Deemer , George Whitting , Ron Anderson , Ken Bienkowski, Cary Kramp , Robin Kramp , Christine McGowan and Randy Warren
Were all part of the team in some sort of manner. As per Mike Eller in 2006.

Engine developement / Glenn Miller

Mike Eller / Engine plant Manager

Sometimes they would fill in or rotate, I will speak to Bill S soon, its 15 years ago.....Thankfully we documented everything in the book way back in the day.
If Bill has other info I will pass it on.
Enjoy and check your tags, WHO DO YOU HAVE? :)
GTJOEY1314

Last edited:

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
The builders were.......teams of 2 plus managers and developers.
Bill Sheffer / Doug Campbell
R.J. Kreiner / Gary Hunt
Bob Mcentire / Brad Hubbard

Doug Deemer , George Whitting , Ron Anderson , Ken Bienkowski, Cary Kramp , Robin Kramp , Christine McGowan and Randy Warren
Were all part of the team in some sort of manner. As per Mike Eller in 2006.

Engine developement / Glenn Miller

Mike Eller / Engine plant Manager

Sometimes they would fill in or rotate, I will speak to Bill S soon, its 15 years ago.....Thankfully we documented everything in the book way back in the day.
If Bill has other info I will pass it on.
Enjoy and check your tags, WHO DO YOU HAVE? :)
GTJOEY1314
Thanks Joey
on red car I have Bob McIntyre and Brad Hubbard
on Patrick’s heritage I will have to look
hope you are well
see In Carlisle, KO

Reactions: extrap

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Mine were Tim Parrott and Jim Donovan. Red 2006. They did a great job. Almost 39,000 miles now.

Reactions: extrap

Jake

Apr 8, 2021
Murrieta, CA
Mine were J Donovan and W Neil (writing is bad and hard to read) but none of the names above look close

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Mine were J Donovan and W Neil (writing is bad and hard to read) but none of the names above look close
You know how it is, Friday night, a few beers.

bzambranog

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2020
And there still looking for the guy that took their book!!
How do I ask for mt build book? I never got it!