Naias

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Can anyone let me know what this show is like? I've been to the Geneva show before so any comparisons with that would be good. It's a long way to go for us if it's 'just another show'.

Many thanks in advance!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Have you been to Detroit before?

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Have you been to Detroit before?
No.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

I have not been to Geneva, so I can't offer a comparison. Nevertheless, the NAIAS is a huge show offering new car reveals. Rumor is that the mid-engine Corvette will be shown. If you had already been to Detroit and seen the sights, it might not be worth the trip, but since you've never been there, I think you would enjoy it. You must go to the Henry Museum and Greenfield Village. There is also the Edsel Ford house and the Rouge factory tour. I love my visits to Detroit.

Let me know if you're going and, if your schedule permits, we can get together for dinner.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
We went (thanks to a forum member) the year the Gt was launched. We were fortunate enough to go on Thursday night. There is a big change over on that night, from trade, and press to public. The booths are packed with cars for the public, where on the press days, the booths are sparse with only the featured new cars, so the photos are better. Accessibility changes too, were ropes etc are put up for the public. For us it was totally worth going, seeing the GT for the 1st time was incredible. We enjoy the Detroit / Dearborn area. But it is just a car show, but will have new offerings, not seen before, like the rumored corvette.

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
I've been and stayed at the hotel across from COPO, walking distance from the famous two coney places. it's a great show, I've been several years and wont' be attending this year. I normally like to see what big reveals are there and time it around that. If nothing truly exciting is going on I pass on the show, hope that helps!