N00BIe Questions...

sharkster

Mar 1, 2006
OK I'm really in love with the Ford GT and haven't yet done a bunch of research on them yet but I think I'm ready to get one... I wish I didn't live in California where the dealers are on crack and won't even let you within 5 feet of one let one inside/drive it but are there any on the boards for sale either slightly used or?? Any real differences between the 05s and 06s? Not really fussed but would like to know. Sorry for the neewbie questions...

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
do a search here and come back in a week.

sharkster

Mar 1, 2006
centerpunch said:
No difference between 05 and 06 except 05 was available in silver, 06 is available in Tungsten and also Heritage (blue/orange) paint.

Plenty of cars available, less than half the 4000+ production has been sold.

Early 2005's had $10K lower sticker price ($140K base, $156K loaded).

Very early 2005's (last 4 digits of VIN under 0500) had a couple recalls, all fixed, no problems, but probably should be a bit cheaper. (They've also been sitting in a showroom about a year).

Prices are at sticker or so, see www.FordGTprices.com for more info.

Cool thanks man... I heard something "suspension" related on the early ones but nothing big. Sticker? OK I'm looking out of state. The cali guys are just nuts;) 25K over seems to be the starting point lol...

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
We tell people to look in Autotrader and on eBay. Most of the Gts are there somewhere.

If you get a new car (10 miles or less), sticker is the target, less is wonderful.

sharkster

Mar 1, 2006
AZGT said:
We tell people to look in Autotrader and on eBay. Most of the Gts are there somewhere.

If you get a new car (10 miles or less), sticker is the target, less is wonderful.

Got ya. One thing's for sure.. once somebody has one they don't seem to be selling. The highest mileage one I saw was 400miles;) I'm pretty sure I'll drive the heck out of it. I do with all the cars I've had since I'm a driver and less a "collector" but this will be the first time I do so without driving. Being a Brit I actually had a pic of the original on my bedroom wall as a kid so I've always loved them.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Call Bob Silva Ford in Chowchilla and go for a ride in his. He isn't one of those a$$hole dealers and will gladly let you touch his car. Bob drives his car and loves to share it with others. Their number is 559-665-4811.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
sharkster said:
Got ya. One thing's for sure.. once somebody has one they don't seem to be selling. The highest mileage one I saw was 400miles;) I'm pretty sure I'll drive the heck out of it. I do with all the cars I've had since I'm a driver and less a "collector" but this will be the first time I do so without driving. Being a Brit I actually had a pic of the original on my bedroom wall as a kid so I've always loved them.

Welcome, you have recvd some good advise. Your web site is amazing, glad to have another PORSCHE fanatic over here! :wink

sharkster

Mar 1, 2006
isaakgt said:
Call Bob Silva Ford in Chowchilla and go for a ride in his. He isn't one of those a$$hole dealers and will gladly let you touch his car. Bob drives his car and loves to share it with others. Their number is 559-665-4811.

Thanks man that sounds like a plan. I'm going to do that. My only concerns are just being "comfortable" driving it. I'm 5 11 and 180 pounds so usually most cars are good for me (except pokey little Italian ones). I think about the GT more times per day than sex so I know pretty soon I'm going to get it;) The car anyway....

sharkster

Mar 1, 2006
bony said:
Welcome, you have recvd some good advise. Your web site is amazing, glad to have another PORSCHE fanatic over here! :wink

Hehe.. thanks man. Yes I do love porsches and that's what my shop does (just the new ones). My own one worked out well... It's a daily D. Does 10.6@135mph and has a crazy race suspension and brake set up but I'm surrounded by customers that have other cars too, from Murcies, 430s etc.. but the day one guy had his wife drive the GT in I could not stop looking at it. First car in a long time that I've just fallen for;)

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
My only concerns are just being "comfortable" driving it. I'm 5 11 and 180 pounds so usually most cars are good for me (except pokey little Italian ones).

I'm 6'3", 220 lbs and have no issue with comfort in the car. There's plenty of room.

Rob

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
sharkster said:
Thanks man that sounds like a plan. I'm going to do that. My only concerns are just being "comfortable" driving it. I'm 5 11 and 180 pounds so usually most cars are good for me (except pokey little Italian ones). I think about the GT more times per day than sex so I know pretty soon I'm going to get it;) The car anyway....

6'1" - 295lbs no problems in the GT, however, not a chance in the world to slip in and out of an original or replica. go for it... :cheers

sharkster

Mar 1, 2006
Gierkink said:
My only concerns are just being "comfortable" driving it. I'm 5 11 and 180 pounds so usually most cars are good for me (except pokey little Italian ones).

I'm 6'3", 220 lbs and have no issue with comfort in the car. There's plenty of room.

Rob

Perfect. And glad to hear it... Call if misinformation but a buddy of mine etc... said they were for little people:) So I'm good then!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I'm......

6'1", 255 Lbs and guess what... The car fits great... Alex - you won't be disappointed with the fit. There is plenty of leg room but just remember to duck you head when you close the "Guillotine" doors... Cost a writer in the trade rag's 14 stiches if I remember correctly.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I am 6' 0" with a long torso. I fit fine without a helmut. I have only about 1" or less of head clearance when I adjust the seat to my liking. No problem with legroom.

BlackICE

sharkster

Mar 1, 2006
MAD IN NC said:
6'1", 255 Lbs and guess what... The car fits great... Alex - you won't be disappointed with the fit. There is plenty of leg room but just remember to duck you head when you close the "Guillotine" doors... Cost a writer in the trade rag's 14 stiches if I remember correctly.

ROFL... yes that's right! I'm sure I'll get used to ducking... I saw one on the way to work today and again there's nothing out there like it... Only a matter of time:)