Mystery Part

doccars

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 10, 2005
I dropped the belly pan under my engine this weekend and the following part dropped out "F5VF-14A457-AA". Called the dealer and they can't identify it other than based on the prefix, it is a "90s" part number.

Any idea what it is and where it goes.

Thanks

IMG_1017.jpg

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Can't recall ever serving that, seems like the red would stand out? Was it dirty or greasy when you found it?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Google search of the PN implies it may have fallen off a Ford Contour. Unfortunately, clicking the link returns gibberish.

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
I would guess part of a tool/case left by mechanic either at build or last service. FoMoCo tools and service items have FoMoCo parts numbers too. What does other side look like?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I would guess part of a tool/case left by mechanic either at build or last service. FoMoCo tools and service items have FoMoCo parts numbers too. What does other side look like?

:agree:

Are those latches or hinges on a case? Does it open?

Last edited:

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
The part is just a protective cover for the PCM unit. It protects the small pin terminals where the main wiring harness attaches. It is discarded when the main harness is attached. Is it possible someone changed the PCM after the car was finished? (dealer?)

Just toss it or keep it as a souvenir.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
The part is just a protective cover for the PCM unit. It protects the small pin terminals where the main wiring harness attaches. It is discarded when the main harness is attached. Is it possible someone changed the PCM after the car was finished? (dealer?)

There is never a question someone can't answer and this one is a fine example, awesome.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Way to go - Rich! :thumbsup :thumbsup

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Impossible to get a faster, more accurate answer than here on our GT Forum. Thanks Rich, You Are The Man. How's that from 8:30am to 3:43pm on a busy Monday for results!

Rich: I was impressed with the PPI you did on my car before I bought it, but now I'm even more impressed! And by the way, 5000 miles since I got it and no problems (other than the usual instrument deaths ...).

Cheers!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Thanks Richie - Damn you're Good!

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Thanks Richie - Damn you're Good!

And he lives in Arizona too! I'm just sayin....Rich is double awesome!

doccars

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 10, 2005

Rich

Thanks for the information to this mystery part. Several calls to Ford were unsuccessful in solving the mystery. However they did make an effort but could not reference the part number.

Anyway thanks for the information, you have been very helpful. ( Sorry I did not reply sooner, but was out of town with limited internet access.)