My personal favorite GT quote - from my lovely wife

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Well, as background, I just got my GT a few weeks ago. I love it, but my wife, as a rule doesn't care much for high performance cars (it's our first). When I bought it, she thought it looked "interesting" and "very masculine", but wasn't particularly interested in riding in it.

Today, while taking it across town to a friend's house together, she says, "You know, I don't really care much for cars, but I really like riding in the GT. It's like going to the movies."

I then figure life is good.

Later during our 30 min drive home, I turn on the Mcintosh, and she asks me to turn it off, saying she prefers listening to the engine - and that a radio shouldn't have even been an option with the car. She then proceeds to tell me I'm driving too slowly. I shouldn't speed, she says, but she wouldn't mind if would accelerate up to the legal speed limit in a more timely fashion when departing from a green light.

I now realize life is very good.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
does the little lady have a twin sister? :)

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Hell, give me the number of her if you die prematurely! All kidding aside, I've have had the same expericence as you JAXGT. I remember the night we took off to watch the sunset on the coast, rode it OVER the speed limit :thumbsup made a wrong turn when going over the speed limit (really blew by that exit!) and ending up waking up the kids at college 200 mi. out of the way at 7AM in the morning:cheers Considering we took off at 3 am - it was a great night only due to the experince of the night before hand.

I truly enjoy the time with my wife in the GT. I can't listen to her due to the Heffner (if she starts complaining hit the gas!), she won't talk when I hit the curves and she can't go shopping cause there is no lugage space. I know big $ item's come in small packages but when I'm driving - they are the farest away from any stop I plan! :cheers

Last edited:

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
My wife likes it so much she jumped in and took a cruise while I was out of town...

Got a phone call from her while she was on Pacific Coast Highway

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
I wanna be you :)

My very own FGT is going to loaded on to the carrier tomorrow - to arrive in my garage by end of week - if all goes well.
I dearly hope that my wife take a page from your wife's book.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
During my first drive with my wife, she uttered that great word ............ FASTER.

Good wife.

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
...not married yet but EVERY girl that rides in the GT has told me it makes them ...'wet'...maybe I should invest in a Ford GT seat cover hehe

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
No worries the seats have drain holes.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
... and it's good for the leather.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Sebas....
normally, I would take a run with that line, but I decided to moderate my yellow water humor :) See yah at Concourso.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Sebas....
normally, I would take a run with that line, but I decided to moderate my yellow water humor :) See yah at Concourso.

If that's what they are talking about ! :lol:lol:lol:lol

Midengine-man

GT Owner
Apr 1, 2007
My wife went with me when I picked up the GT and drove it the 235 miles home. She's not a car person and she said ahead of time that she didn't like stripes on cars. When we first saw the car at the dealer (Midnigt Blue and White), she was converted instantly. On the way home after passing someone, she said "Can we do that again?" She's never liked turns but she said "This car stays so flat that I now like turns" By the time we got home, she THANKED me for buying it. What other car can do that?????? :thumbsup

06 1118

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
When we picked ours up I insisted the Mrs. drive it part of the way home. After she pulled over and gave back the wheel she muddered under her breath "Damn, this thing even gives me wood". Thus the license plate "GVS ME WD".

jkgt

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2006
Colorado
I vote best plate ever SteveA.

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
When we picked ours up I insisted the Mrs. drive it part of the way home. After she pulled over and gave back the wheel she muddered under her breath "Damn, this thing even gives me wood". Thus the license plate "GVS ME WD".

hehe that's the comment I get from guys who ride in my GT...and the women get aroused as well... cool so we get to skip foreplay?

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
If that's what they are talking about ! :lol:lol:lol:lol

No...

Very nice...

...and the women get aroused as well... cool so we get to skip foreplay?

Are we long lost brothers?

Zlaatan

Oct 19, 2006
SteveA; said:
"Damn, this thing even gives me wood"

:rofl:rofl:lol:biggrin

hahaha, best comment I've ever heard about a car. Period!

jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
No worries the seats have drain holes.
I had never made the connection that was what those holes were for, thanks for clearing that up :thumbsup

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
My wife loves the GT.
Most of mine have super chargers or turbos and she related that to the exciting thrust.

Today she picked up her Whipple and is taking it to Lidio for a dyno tune on her new Harley F150 AWD..........

What have I done:eek

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Well, as background, I just got my GT a few weeks ago. I love it, but my wife, as a rule doesn't care much for high performance cars (it's our first). When I bought it, she thought it looked "interesting" and "very masculine", but wasn't particularly interested in riding in it.

Today, while taking it across town to a friend's house together, she says, "You know, I don't really care much for cars, but I really like riding in the GT. It's like going to the movies."

I then figure life is good.

Later during our 30 min drive home, I turn on the Mcintosh, and she asks me to turn it off, saying she prefers listening to the engine - and that a radio shouldn't have even been an option with the car. She then proceeds to tell me I'm driving too slowly. I shouldn't speed, she says, but she wouldn't mind if would accelerate up to the legal speed limit in a more timely fashion when departing from a green light.

I now realize life is very good.

Congratulations! Both on the purchase of your new GT, and on the evangelical conversion of your lovely wife. It's funny how those things work. With three sons, my wife came into the high performance fold kicking and screaming, but now fits right in with the most die-hard motorheads around!