My New Gal/No side Latches

tunedup2aGT

Oct 27, 2006
Michigan
Whats the vin# that will help in finding the build date and information. this might be a rebuild of a PB2 car.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
NASH Rambler I've heard of... HUDSON Rambler not so much! :confused :willy :lol
HUDSON RAMBLER! (also with no side latches:thumbsup).

Attachments

• 1956HudsonRamblerCustom-July-c.jpg
    1956HudsonRamblerCustom-July-c.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 282

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
When Husdon and Nash merged in 1954 to form American Motors, there was some significant "badge engineering" because neither company could afford to develop new models. As American Motors struggled to find its identity, the Hudson name was simply attached to existing Nash products with some garish trim tacked on. In a couple of years even the Hudson name disappeared. These mid-50's Nashes (or Hudsons) are fun to own because they cost very little to buy, you never have to park next to another one at a show and parts are plentiful (except for body parts). They are the "Bizzarro" Ford GT. I have a '53 Nash Rambler Greenbriar 2-door wagon. It and the FGT make very strange garage-mates.

Howard

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
When Husdon and Nash merged in 1954 to form American Motors...

Howard

You're absolutely right about that, of course!!! I'd totally forgotten about it.

That now brings to mind the Stude/Packard merger (at about the same time) as well!

It's aaaaaaaaaaaall coming back to me now.....................:willy :cheers

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
When Husdon and Nash merged in 1954 to form American Motors, there was some significant "badge engineering" because neither company could afford to develop new models. As American Motors struggled to find its identity, the Hudson name was simply attached to existing Nash products with some garish trim tacked on. In a couple of years even the Hudson name disappeared. These mid-50's Nashes (or Hudsons) are fun to own because they cost very little to buy, you never have to park next to another one at a show and parts are plentiful (except for body parts). They are the "Bizzarro" Ford GT. I have a '53 Nash Rambler Greenbriar 2-door wagon. It and the FGT make very strange garage-mates.

Howard

Been looking for Nash a '59 -'61 Metro convert (turquoise) for the last few years for the wife. They may be the most ridiculous car ever made but she wants one.:bored

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Much cleaner exterior look w/o the latches, although I'm not sold on the location of the trunk release actuator.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Been looking for Nash a '59 -'61 Metro convert (turquoise) for the last few years for the wife. They may be the most ridiculous car ever made but she wants one.:bored

I'd argue that the most ridiculous Nashes ever made (from the standpoint of engineering logic anyway) were the pre '55's. Remember how the front fenders covered the front wheels? One needed a 40 acre field to turn 'em around! 'Course, from the standpoint of "unattractive", it was awfully hard to beat the "bathtub" Nashes.

BTW, my mom wanted one of those Metros herself when they came out! But, common sense and practicality won out in the end, and she kept her '54 Rambler Custom 2 dr hdtp instead.

Schiff92

GT Owner
Oct 8, 2011
Southern Illinois
Whats the vin# that will help in finding the build date and information. this might be a rebuild of a PB2 car.

Heres the vin..1FAFP90S75Y401572 hope this helps in any way!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
That is not a PB car.....

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Damn there were 5 options. Who knew?

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona

Nothing out of the ordinary in the World Registry. It was delivered to Stigler-Dunn Ford in Oklahoma and no owners are listed. For those who don't know, this is the World Registry http://www.saac.com/index.php?page=...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=45 and cobrajeff is the "New Ford GT Registrar" for SAAC. He might have some information about the ownership trail if you PM him.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
What does your remote look like? Will it open the front compartment?

Can't wait to see how the clamshell opens.