My new delivery mileage Ford GT

F40r

GT Owner
May 22, 2020
Hey guys,

I’m new to this forum so thought I’d share the story with you all.

I’ve been looking for the perfect GT for a while now.

I came across my one with the cleanest Carfax title I have ever seen.

Never been registered, never had a first owner, never had warranty started and most of all, completely original with delivery mileage!

It hasn’t been started since 2007, so without wasting time, we got stuck into it to recommission the beast.

It is time that we get it started!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Beautiful!

welcome!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Beautiful and in my color! Welcome to the fun World of the Ford GT and The Ford GT Forum! Here’s to many years and miles of exciting fun driving and owning a world class winner!

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Well done and welcome!

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
What a great video. tutorial, and sales pitch! If I were in the market, this video would really make me want one. Oh, wait a minute, I already have one.

Who helped him open the clam-shell?

How about that shop! Tell me it's his equivalent to Leno's garage and I'll just throw in the towel. Imagine how long it took to clean it.

Best barn find ever.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Congratulations. Great video!

F40r

GT Owner
May 22, 2020
Thank you guys!

The next process has been huge.

We are currently prepping the car to get it fired up for the first time since 2007!

Reactions: Ed Sims

F40r

GT Owner
May 22, 2020

Reactions: RPM217

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
And in the fastest color too!!!

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Congratulations, That's a find and exactly how mine was bought in July 2008. Does the car have warranty? Mine did with three year, thirty six thousands mile bumper to bumper. Also made me original owner. What state are you in?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Ford expired all warranties years ago...

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Congrats.... the miles are worth all the smiles..... enjoy

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
What specifically are you going to do to get it started?

F40r

GT Owner
May 22, 2020
What specifically are you going to do to get it started?

Give it a major service and we tried starting it the first time however, the injectors were blocked.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
congrats... and nice video. once you get her running, if you really want an angry monster, you might want to consider a pulley and tune it will do wonders for the performance of the car.

Flatrod

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
There is or was a white one here in Alaska with 2 miles on it. Guy bought it and parked it right away. It was still here last year I got a picture of it at the dealers getting the air bag update. Did it come from Alaska?

Reactions: Ed Sims

F40r

GT Owner
May 22, 2020
There is or was a white one here in Alaska with 2 miles on it. Guy bought it and parked it right away. It was still here last year I got a picture of it at the dealers getting the air bag update. Did it come from Alaska?
No it didn’t, but that’s awesome to hear!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Congrats and welcome!! That’s a great first video and a beautiful car!! I’d be interested to know how the fuel held up in it due to the age and any other long term storage woes.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Love your enthusiasm. I take it you are in NZ or Australia? Are they going to force you to convert it to right hand drive?

What part of the world did you find it?

Make sure you read all the threads on the improvements available, especially switching to Bridgestone tires.

Voda

Aug 26, 2014
Las Vegas
Figuring the next thread you'll be posting in will be this one: https://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/threads/10-000mile-or-more-club.37074/