My First Ticket

jtatum01

GT Owner
Feb 27, 2006
South Carolina
Well it was a great day in SC so I took the GT out for a quick little spin . I hopped on I-26 and made that quick little shift from 2nd to 3rd and looked in my rear view ( what little we have ) and I saw not 1 but 2 SCHP cars with there lights on behind me . I had to get on right in front of them ( my luck ) . Well I pulled over and these guys were super nice . They asked alot of questions about the car then to my surprise they gave me my WARNING .Well thanks guys for being so understanding . This car is so much fun I just can't drive 55 but I sure am glad you were both Ford guys . JT :biggrin

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Dodged a bullet there! :eek Great story!

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Lucky day! I seem to remember a Forum member being pulled over twice in one day in Malibu, CA. I believe he was warned both times.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Luckily for you I think the GT is one of those cars that's fast enough to garauntee you a few stops, but just fast enough to have em let you off most of the time too :lol

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I got pulled over about 3 weeks ago..cop said I was doing 95 in a 60...followed me 7 1/2 miles before he pulled me over...and I was doing 65 in traffic at the time. Hmm....something didn't seem right because where he said I was speeding at was way past where I KNEW i was speeding at :rofl

Funny no written warning or ticket..just have a nice day :)

If he wanted to see the car all he had to do was ask!

Matt

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
What I really like about this is that I’m pretty sure you guys would not have got warnings if you were driving Ferraris or Lambos!

I had a similar experience but I wasn’t breaking the law (I never do that). I was driving my car in London trying to find a hotel which was difficult to spot. I saw two police cars pulled over and stopped my car about fifty yards ahead of these cruisers and ran back to ask them if they knew the location of the hotel. One of the cops asked if that was my “GT 40” and started walking towards it. He began telling me that there were only 29 of these cars in the United Kingdom (28 actually) and proved to know more about the car than I did. He then asked if he could sit in it. When I said yes he took off his belt which held all of his weaponry and put it on the sidewalk. He climbed into my car and started revving the engine with a huge grin on his face.

Rob

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Gierkink said:
What I really like about this is that I’m pretty sure you guys would not have got warnings if you were driving Ferraris or Lambos!

Totally agree, Rob ! Except for Ferraris in Italy and France. There Ferrari still has an equal standing as the GT in US and UK. Will be interesting how italy will react to the GT ! We'll both see this summer, mate !

stefan

DLKGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 10, 2005
Southern CA & Hilo, Hawaii
Similar "cop" story:

Upon taking delivery of my GT I left the dealership, pulled into traffic, checked my mirror for the 1st time and it was filled with a CHP black and white!!!! All within about 100 ft. of where I took delivery. Talk about a new level of "pucker factor"!!! Well, it was all I could do to concentrate on not doing anything dumb while I was learning the car. Several turns and a few miles later the black & white was still glued to me. I now had to enter the freeway for the drive home and the urge to "get on it" was held in check by the view in the mirror. Well, I thought, I will just stay in the far right lane at (or slightly below) the speed limit and he will lose interest - no such luck! Several miles later he was still there!! All of a sudden I see a light in the mirror - initial panic - then I realize it is only his turn signal. He pulls up next to me and I look over to see him with a grin from ear to ear as he gives me a "thumbs up" and heads away down the road.

I hope the GT continues to have the same effect on people!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I have yet to have the pleasure of a Police car behind me - the GT is one of those cars where you spend more time looking forward rather than backward, so this acts as a timely reminder to look in my rear view mirror from time to time!

Good story and I do understand the sense of panic!

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Gierkink said:

Rob

Absolutely agree. The police want a ride more than anything else, so offer them one now or when off duty and I do not believe you can get a ticket unless you really did something stupid.

If it works in my Vette it will work even betetr in the GT. Also make friends with the locals.

Dave

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
SLF360 said:
Totally agree, Rob ! Except for Ferraris in Italy and France. There Ferrari still has an equal standing as the GT in US and UK. Will be interesting how italy will react to the GT ! We'll both see this summer, mate !

stefan

Stefan,

I'm counting the days until we're driving our GTs through the hills of Tuscany to the Ferrari and Lambo factories!

Ciao,

Rob

rsilverman

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
new jersey
Day one

When I finally got my car delivered, I was so anxious to get on the road that I went for a spin without the car being registered. As luck would have it, a police car pulls up behind me and follows me for a good five miles. He didn't pull me over, but I can tell you this: I'll not do that again for some time. The car just sticks out too much, and draws attention like a magnet!!