My Christmas present from Shelby!

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Man, that is beautiful. Can't wait to get that on the Tungsten X1.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
This aint your buddies Civic Lambo door kit, This is the Eleytron, or BETTLE DOOR kit as Bernard likes to call it. It is a true work of art. VERY complicated design. Nothing short of genius!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

H

HHGT

In the last picture, there is a tissue or a piece of foam on the floor that's bugging me. Can you please remove it and retake the picture...Thanks....

Looking superb....

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Looks gorgeous and I'm sure quite functional, but what would ownership be without a few bumps on the head? How much fun would be lost by not needing extra garage room just to get in and out? Wouldn't this cause even more attention than the car normally gets? OK, enough complaining, can't wait to see it "finished" Nice work!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I am surprised the hinge mechanism is not painted or black hard coat anodized. Is there a reason they don't do that?

There is only one swing away hinge system for the FGT, correct?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Its pure Billet Aluminum, like the A-Arms on the 05 GT. These are works of art. I think it would take away from them if it was painted, etc.
There have been two different hinges made for the GTs (both deisgned by Bernard), but these are the newest ones and worlds ahead of the old style.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Its pure Billet Aluminum, like the A-Arms on the 05 GT. These are works of art.

I totally agree, Where we are out here, bare aluminum that sees road grime will suffer from corrosion. Probably never hurt it, just take away from the beauty.

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Shelby - what do you get for the install and parts on the gullwing GT setup? I've always been interested, but seemed a bit cost-prohibitive.

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
Please respond to all, so we can think about doing that install down the road. Thanks

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I love the look of the doors but I really got functional use out of it from my old Ford GT . I did not need 3-4 feet of clearance to park a car anymore , I just needed approximately half a foot. It made parking the car around town a breeze.