MY 2019 FORD GT CARBON SERIES K043 ON CARS & BIDS THIS WEEK, NOS PARTS FOR SALE!

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
As many of you may know, my 2019 Ford GT Carbon Series DID SELL...but not on Cars & Bids. I got a good price through a local dealer that specializes in high-end vehicles.

I've updated my prices below on June 4th, based on increasing prices for these parts. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Also, go to post #20 at the bottom of this page to see what replaced my GT...

Ford GT Driving Shot.jpg

With the car leaving I have no need of the parts I originally purchased to keep as spares in case of a mishap or wear. These include the three-piece carbon fiber lower splitter, the rear window that's specific to the Carbon Series (poly carbonate versus glass, for lighter weight), an extra set of wheels (I was thinking I would pull the original carbon fiber wheels and keep them safe, but they ended being okay even after 4 years and 10,000 miles). I also bought a new Ford GT "glove box" (the little pouch that snaps on to the front of the driver's seat) because the Carbon Series didn't come with one, but the snaps are there even on my seats if you want to add it.

All of these part are new, in their original Ford shipping boxes. I have included photos of the boxes and each of the parts for the three-piece front carbon fiber splitter below. I have also added a photo of the wheel style and the "glove box" (storage compartment).

If you are interested in purchasing these please let me know. I am selling them below the current invoices prices quoted on "FordPartsGiant.com" (with links to the associated pages of that site showing the current prices). I can deliver these items anywhere from San Diego to Santa Barbara to San Bernardino. Further than that they will likely need shipping (but we can discuss possible delivery options).

These part prices keep going up, but I'm selling them at a discount and not making nearly as much as I could if I just wait, which I could do but I'm also trying to re-claim some garage space.

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

Ford HG7Z-17626-A Panel: Invoice Price was $16,517.3, now $17,163.04 -- MY PRICE $14,000

IMG_0350.JPGFord HG7Z-17D957-B Bumper Assembly - Front: Invoice Price was $10,842.48, now $11,609.88 -- MY PRICE: $9,000

UNDERBODY PANEL SOLD!

Ford HG7Z-115A74-A Panel: Invoice Price was $3,460, MY PRICE: ALREADY SOLD ON BaT -- for $4,000

WHEELS SOLD!

Ford HG7Z-1007-E Front Wheel Assembly (I HAVE TWO): Invoice Price $1679.13 each (these prices haven't changed, and neither have mine) -- MY PRICE: ALREADY SOLD ON BaT

Ford HG7Z-1007-F Rear Wheel Assembly (I HAVE TWO): Invoice Price $1803.92 each (these prices haven't changed, and neither have mine) -- MY PRICE: ALREADY SOLD ON BaT

Ford HG7Z-6342006-A Glass - Back Window: Invoice Price: $1164.55 -- MY PRICE $1,000

IMG_2393.JPG

IMG_2392.JPG

IMG_2394.JPG

Ford HG7Z-63115A00-B Compartment Assembly, Driver's seat: Invoice Price: $7703.75 MY PRICE $7,000

DM ME IF INTERESTED. BaT worked well for the wheels and underbody panel, and I will likely list more parts there soon...though with their appreciation maybe I'll hang on to them...

Attachments

• IMG_0347.JPG
    IMG_0347.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 468
  • New Ford GT Wheel.JPG
    New Ford GT Wheel.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 440
  • IMG_5741 copy.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

QD32

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 22, 2022
SoCal
Karl, regarding the wheels, I'm assuming they are silver? Also, can you confirm, I thought I read somewhere that they are not interchangeable with the lugs for the carbon fiber wheels?

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Thanks for your interest. Here is a photo I just took of the wheel to confirm the style (added to original post).

My understanding is the carbon fiber wheels used longer studs. You can put non-carbon-fiber wheels on carbon fiber wheel studs, but you need open lugs nuts to let the longer studs stick out past them.

New Ford GT Wheel.JPG

Last edited:

QD32

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 22, 2022
SoCal
OK cool - thanks for the picture and the details on the studs.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Curious, why did you choose cars & bids, instead of BaT?

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I’ve known Doug for a long time, and his site has been growing in both traffic and prices paid for higher and higher end cars.

Plus he said he would do a video specifically on my car and its auction. And he has 4.61 million subscribers.

Are there any serious car buyers that don’t watch (or are at least aware of) both sites, and any high-profile sales occurring on them?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Doug's vid of your car has already been viewed 431k times in 4 days. Think he should be paying you 😉

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Looks like I get to keep my car and my parts. As longstanding Ford GT owners know, time is always on our side. :)

QD32

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 22, 2022
SoCal
Wow, extremely surprised the bids did not go higher. You are right to keep it, worth lots more. I can’t imagine prices going down on these over the coming years. Hope to bump into you at a car show sometime in the area. My license plate is K198 in case you see my car around.

Reactions: ENZO BTR

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Looks like I get to keep my car and my parts. As longstanding Ford GT owners know, time is always on our side. :)
curious with the miles how far off was the reserve? hundred grand or so?

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
curious with the miles how far off was the reserve? hundred grand or so?
Good guess.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Crazy, man. Does it make sense that that last 2020 Carbon Series on BaT is worth over a million more? 🤷‍♂️ 😵‍💫

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Crazy, man. Does it make sense that that last 2020 Carbon Series on BaT is worth over a million more? 🤷‍♂️ 😵‍💫
Liquid Carbons are a whole 'nother level. But certainly don't see my car worth less than half that amount.

Reactions: JWZ and extrap

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
I generally let the market speak for itself, and whatever comes out of that conversation is the market value. However, $705K suggests to me it didn't get enough exposure to the right market of potential bidders.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
They made 30 or 40 of those in raw carbon, not every other car it seams like with the carbon series...(Insert I know it's not that many) Bj carbon series zero miles 1.3mill no miles 2023, bat carbon series in 2022 no miles 1.3 by member here. Some no sales in the 8-900 range with sub 2000 miles on bat. No 10,000 mile cars sold really any where for comps and lets be honest. If you are looking to spending 8-900 K you can afford an extra 100k for a car with zero to little miles as most of those fall around a million bucks. That puts a 10,000 mile NGT in the same boat it puts a 05-06 car with miles. The just are worth less money.. There is also an a$$ for every seat as they say so it just takes the right buyer on the right day and anything can sell. Just my .02cents.

Reactions: digman1

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
The market also requires a willing seller. I've seen too many sellers who were looking for a price that was unrealistic, and when they didn't get it, they didn't sell it. I saw a lot of that in real estate pre-Covid. There might be a "gotta have it" bidder (or better yet, two bidding against each other) in a rising market like we had a year ago, but not now. No buyer wants to be the greater fool when prices have flattened or are falling.

Reactions: B.M.F. and dshears

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
They made 30 or 40 of those in raw carbon, not every other car it seams like with the carbon series...(Insert I know it's not that many) Bj carbon series zero miles 1.3mill no miles 2023, bat carbon series in 2022 no miles 1.3 by member here. Some no sales in the 8-900 range with sub 2000 miles on bat. No 10,000 mile cars sold really any where for comps and lets be honest. If you are looking to spending 8-900 K you can afford an extra 100k for a car with zero to little miles as most of those fall around a million bucks. That puts a 10,000 mile NGT in the same boat it puts a 05-06 car with miles. The just are worth less money.. There is also an a$$ for every seat as they say so it just takes the right buyer on the right day and anything can sell. Just my .02cents.
All great points.

The flip side is that buying a low/no-mile new Ford GT has its own downsides, unless you also plan to never drive it.

For the (apparently few) people who actually want to experience these cars, buying one with less than 100 miles means three things:
1. You take the deprivation hit if you ever drive it, so the extra money you’re paying vanishes instantly
2. You deal with whatever issues spring up that haven’t been vetted, likely without warranty coverage
3. OR — you sit on it, hope the market at least stays the same or goes up, and rinse and repeat what your seller did to you

Those seem to be popular options right now. So I’ll keep driving mine. Because something else is also true:

Every mile I drive mine is less impactful on value than the previous mile. And the psychological difference between 10,000 miles and 14,000 (or probably even 19,000) is negligible.

And it’s even a sunny Sunday today in SoCal. Time to drive! :p

Attachments

• C3E266DC-257F-4C6E-B7B8-0E9AF4AF685F.jpeg
    C3E266DC-257F-4C6E-B7B8-0E9AF4AF685F.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 19

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
All great points.

The flip side is that buying a low/no-mile new Ford GT has its own downsides, unless you also plan to never drive it.

For the (apparently few) people who actually want to experience these cars, buying one with less than 100 miles means three things:
1. You take the deprivation hit if you ever drive it, so the extra money you’re paying vanishes instantly
2. You deal with whatever issues spring up that haven’t been vetted, likely without warranty coverage
3. OR — you sit on it, hope the market at least stays the same or goes up, and rinse and repeat what your seller did to you

Those seem to be popular options right now. So I’ll keep driving mine. Because something else is also true:

Every mile I drive mine is less impactful on value than the previous mile. And the psychological difference between 10,000 miles and 14,000 (or probably even 19,000) is negligible.

And it’s even a sunny Sunday today in SoCal. Time to drive! :p

We will all be dead for a very long time. I will also continue to drive and enjoy mine before then.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
I seriously doubt that when I'm in a nursing home that I'll be thinking, "I wish I drove my Ford GT less."

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Just three quick updates for those who don't know:
1. The Ford GT did sell for a realistic, market-correct price with the help of a local dealer
2. I've updated my parts pricing to reflect the ever-rising price of these parts (but thinking I will just keep them for awhile...)
3. My Ford GT replacement is a 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S. I consider 997.2 the peak 911 gen, first for PDK, last for hydraulically-assisted steering, and also lighter and smaller than the 991 and later cars. After scouring the market for 6 weeks this 1,900-mile example popped up as the most creative Turbo S spec I've ever seen, loaded with options and -- bless the lord -- NOT BLACK!! Pictures below.

I will miss my Ford GTs, but this will help soothe my pain...

Attachments

• DTWG2069.JPG
    DTWG2069.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3493.JPG
    IMG_3493.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3446.JPG
    IMG_3446.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 24