MY 2019 FORD GT CARBON SERIES K043 ON CARS & BIDS THIS WEEK, NOS PARTS FOR SALE!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Sweet ride.

As far as “peak 911-ness” goes, I own a 1973, no power steering, no power brakes, pre-impact bumpers, yadda, yadda—so I tend to think those are the “peak,” and it’s been all downhill since! Just joking. A little.

The 997 Turbo S surely is a fine machine, and lots easier to live with every day than either an FGT or an olde air-cooled 911. That one doesn’t have nearly enough miles on it. Drive the snot out of it!

Reactions: ENZO BTR

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I've got a (bad?) habit of not "saving" my cars, but I'm glad somebody else did. Literally my dream car -- love the spec! -- and it's like I got in a DeLorean, went back to 2012, spec'd my ideal 997.2 Turbo S, and came "Back to the Future" with it. Couldn't be happier. Only put about 100 miles on it so far (got it Thursday morning), but as you said, so damn easy to to live with!

And still pulls 2.8 0-60 times. :oops:

Totally get you on the air cooled 911s. First one I drove was a 1983 SC Targa (also maroon/wine colored with a tan interior) and instantly fell in love. It doesn't get any more analog-yet-amazing than those cars (sure, a Model T is really analog, but I have no interest in owning/driving one :D).

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Have an 87 930 targa, and a 997.2 GT3RS. While the RS is a better weapon, I find I drive the 930 more.

Enjoy the Turbo!!

Reactions: ENZO BTR

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Hey guys, quick update on my new Ford GT parts stash. I'm about to start putting them on Bring a Trailer. The site is selling more parts every day, and the market prices seem pretty strong there. I sold my wheels last week (Chip was even among the bidders) and did fine.

Looking at the latest wholesale pricing I see one of the parts went down a couple hundred dollars, most the others went up (again). I'd say net-net they are worth another $1,000 total (not including the wheels, which are already gone). If someone wants to buy these and wire money in the next day or two I will let them go for the same prices (either individually or in total) I quoted in the original post.

Otherwise I'll start putting them on BaT. Let me know. Might keep the smaller items for a while. They don't take up much space, and seem better than stocks or CDs.