Murcielago LP640

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
To be at Geneva - 631hp from a revised 6.5L V-12. New gearbox, suspension, aero. Supposedly in the 210mph range.

2087927b.jpg

2087927c.jpg

2087927d.jpg

2087930b.jpg

2087930c.jpg

2087930d.jpg

I'm sorry, but I've always thought the Diablo was a silly looking car. This thing, on the other hand, is just pissed. The devil as a car. Where's that drool icon when you need it...

Proof some German-Italian combos can come out quite nicely :lol

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Agreed, although the Diablo was a major design improvement over the even more outrageous Countach (even if many of us lusted after it as youngsters!) This new Murci is every bit as mean and angular as the GT is classic and curvaceous. Nice post and pics.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
DBK said:
Proof some German-Italian combos can come out quite nicely :lol

As Elvis used to say:
'Thank you, thank you very much ....' :biggrin

SLF

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Finally a decent looking Lamborghini.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
DBK, thanks for that - as you know I owned a Murcielago for quite a while, so I love the shape. It's a work of art. Many is the day I'd wash the thing, sit and have a coffee next to it and marvel at the lines. Quite beautifully menacing - beguiling almost.

I do wonder where the dash for bhp is heading sometimes though, 631bhp?? It's a heavy old lump, but it seemed pretty powerful enough as it was. I guess the model line-up means that there needs to be clear distinction between Gallardo and Murcielago.

Having owned, driven and loved one, I can honestly say the GT is a preferable car! Really! It's more 'true' somehow, hard to describe.

I just wish friends like Mike didn't have his troubles with his - it's been nibbling at me for a couple of days now. He seems (only seems 'cos I've never met the man) to have such patience, restraint and balance - just wish his could be sorted out and that he could be won around again....

Sorry - just passionate about these things and really do understand the pain of much wanted toys turning sour.