Much has changed at FoMoCo

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Six years ago I buy a couple of Ford GTs. Obviously very happy with the cars. We have to plead to get to go and watch the second one being built and that was in fact great. We get to see it at Saleen but not Wixom as my son was too young per factory rules. Ford sent me a couple of letters telling me about a Ford GT customer center that as far as I can tell amounted to a phone line somewhere in Dearborn. Fast forward to 2011. I buy a simple little Mustang Boss and the next thing I know Ford is treating us to free driving school, dinner at Miller Motorsport Park with Ford VIPs, a really nice owner's package, a track trophy made from a real Boss piston, tons of photos from the track event from a pro photographer, and a red key and black key to add extra icing to the cake. If I wasn't already a third generation Ford nut, I would sure become one. Wow, what a difference at FoMoCo.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I would suggest that this site has a lot to do with the current ownership experience you’re getting from FoMoCo. It has shown Ford how an enthusiastic group of owners can put a halo around a specific model of car. Before the internet this was all "hidden", or at least difficult to witness, at car shows and other owner get-togethers. Now anyone, including senior Ford executives, can spend a couple of hours on this site and witness how this well-moderated forum has documented and stimulated activity within the GT ownership community and created more loyalty to the brand. The site spawned the rallies which created more activity on the site and it all turned into more Ford sales, including sales of other Ford models, to Forum members. More importantly this GT community has elevated the Ford brand among owners of its halo product… and it’s all documented here. People at Ford took notice.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Why don't they notice gauges and gouging?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Cause the car has been out of production, (with no successor in sight) for 5 years? :shrug Just a guess

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Gotta take good with bad

Cant have a super car at $160K without some compromises

I hear 2006 F430 / Gallardo gauges are perfect...but cars value dropped 50%

Id rather have a neddle drop...than the value by 50%.....IMHO

See broken Klienle clock in $1.5Million 300 SL gullwings....people die to have originals that dont work

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta
I think Ford is making a great effort to get the company back on track. Some great product being produced in last few years.

BUT! A Ford Customer Product Representative assured me recently that they have no record of any Gauge problems!! I must be the only one?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I think people forget that this car was designed ,built and developed in like 22 months.This is unheard of.Especially considering what we got for an end product.Ok ,not all the suppliers were perfect. At least now we have a nice gauge option that's reasonably priced.Ford is a ok by me!
My 02

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
BUT! A Ford Customer Product Representative assured me recently that they have no record of any Gauge problems!! I must be the only one?[/QUOTE]

if this is being done for each failure, ford should be well aware of the issue
look at post #74.
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...native-gauges-for-the-FGT&p=267289#post267289

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I would suggest that this site has a lot to do with the current ownership experience you’re getting from FoMoCo. It has shown Ford how an enthusiastic group of owners can put a halo around a specific model of car. Before the internet this was all "hidden", or at least difficult to witness, at car shows and other owner get-togethers. Now anyone, including senior Ford executives, can spend a couple of hours on this site and witness how this well-moderated forum has documented and stimulated activity within the GT ownership community and created more loyalty to the brand. The site spawned the rallies which created more activity on the site and it all turned into more Ford sales, including sales of other Ford models, to Forum members. More importantly this GT community has elevated the Ford brand among owners of its halo product… and it’s all documented here. People at Ford took notice.

I highly doubt what you're saying. This site is a mere pimple on the butt of the F150 and Mustang enthusiast sites in the eyes of Ford. The numbers are what drives Ford and their customer service by the popularity of their vehicles. This site is good but is really not any better then the really big sites for the F150 and Mustangs. JMO

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I highly doubt what you're saying. This site is a mere pimple on the butt of the F150 and Mustang enthusiast sites in the eyes of Ford. The numbers are what drives Ford and their customer service by the popularity of their vehicles. This site is good but is really not any better then the really big sites for the F150 and Mustangs. JMO

Highly doubt this.

Money talks and many folks here are 10-100x the net worth of avg. F-150, Stang Owner and have ways of voicing their concerns (ie, see axle bolt upgrade).

I doubt anyone on those forums has access to Ford's Board; not the case here.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Hey Kevin,

You must have taken Patrick with you and told them some of your stories. :biggrin BTW, how many Fords have you bought? It seems like every month or so you are treating yourself to a new one. I'd guess after about 30-40 of them, you get onto their "frequent buyer" list. :lol Very cool experience though!!!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona

Yeah, way too many customers rip off the dealers by refusing to pay the listed price and insisting on a discount. Ford has noticed this problem but in most cases it it illegal for a manufacturer to dictate retail prices. 99% of the time it is customers that benefit from negotiated prices. In about 1% of auto sales that involve limited production or very desirable product where demand exceeds supply, a negotiated price will exceed MSRP. There are only two ways to allocate any scarce product. With a price....Or with a line. Using a price is much more efficient as it encourages increased production and gets the product into the hands of those who desire it enough to bid the price up. A dealer can ask whatever they want but only customers can decide to pay a premium.

Chip

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I'd hardly call it "RIPPING OFF" the dealers. As you put it, customers can decide what they want to pay. It is the dealer's decision as to whether they will accept the price, or not. Why would I want to pay a higher price and piss my hard earned money away, when I can buy the same deal/value for less? By the way, it's not illegal to dictate price. That's called MRP and it's perfectly legal in the USA. Manufacturers using the MRP policies can not only dictate an MRP, but can enforce it with penalties, should they decide.

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Hey Kevin,

You must have taken Patrick with you and told them some of your stories. :biggrin BTW, how many Fords have you bought? It seems like every month or so you are treating yourself to a new one. I'd guess after about 30-40 of them, you get onto their "frequent buyer" list. :lol Very cool experience though!!!

Can you believe it? Patrick likes the VeeDub GTI and wants one for his first car!!! At least he is now interested in manual shift cars. I told him he will be taking his drivers test in the Orange and Blue car. If he wants to get a VeeDub GTI that is his to earn. Dad supplies Fords :)

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
p.s. MJ, I refuse to answer the how many Fords question. I look at it as my very small contribution to American manufacturing. Besides, you are in same tribe as Shellie and you will rat me out.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Fords better idea, they call it Speedhut.

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
Dad supplies Fords :)

Are you adopting?