Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
"The use of young designers was a conscious decision, partly because the GT is such a special car with a quick turn around,"

Does this translate into, they have the stamina, potentially with out families, so they were able to work 23 hours a day, 7 days a week? (note, humor intended!!)

Back to serious, the design is a grand slam.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Auto history has MANY styling home runs. Now, it's all about execution.

IMO, the use of young designers has more to do with acquiring/engaging/retaining young talent that has progressively elected alternative destinations and careers outside of Detroit. The challenge now is to redeploy these same participants, keeping them interested in the remainder of your portfolio - no easy task.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
The overhead shot of the interior reminds me of the GT40. Driver and passenger will be rubbing shoulders! All that's missing is the steering wheel on the right and the sill shifter.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That article was filled with humility, which speaks well of Ford.

Last edited:

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
That article was filled with humility, which speaks well of Ford.

Agreed

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
All the talk about the narrowness of the interior compartment (the driver can reach out and touch the passenger window) is a little overblown. I can do that in my McLaren and there's ample room inside that car. Having the driver close to the centreline of the car makes for more fun on the track

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
It still looks narrow/tight.