MONACO, again!

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
The wife and I are back in Monaco again for Fun and F1, Mile Miglia in Brescia and good friends.
Had lunch today With STEVO at a chic Monaco bistro, outside of which he had parked his GTX1 orange/silver stripe Gennadi FGT. Oh my God, the car is spectacular in the Lambo orange scheme and was swarmed with passer's-by, taking pictures.
This must be one hell of a thrill to drive "topless" on those twisty corniche's!
STEVO is a fantastic guy, a great member of our FORUM and any member coming to Monaco should try to contact him.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Do you have pics of his car to share?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ah, so he's the one who bought it. Does he not also have another GT?

Last edited:

Alex911

FORD GT OWNER - FROM RUSSIA TT FGT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I will be in Monaco from 21-st to 24-th for the F1 GP - I will be driving a VERY loud 911 turbo cab with Russian plates - if anyone is there - lets meet for a drink?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Sounds like fun !!

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Ah, so he's the one who bought it. Does he not also have another GT?

He's had a total of 4 FGT's, the tungsten one he still owns but apparently he would sell it to the right person.
Generally, i'm not a huge fan of "orange" but this color in Lambo orange has some pearlescent tinge to it and with the silver stripes, the GTX1 is truely beautiful.
STEVO has also improved on the GTX1's top, which other Genaddi owners might like info on, perhaps by contacting STEVO in Monaco.
Have taken pictures and as soon as I figure how to download to this Forum, you'll have "em!
Well, back to flogging my rental Peugot around the corniche's!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I met up with Stevo and his family a couple of year ago in Provence (South of France), he was driving a blue GT then if memory serves. It needed a clean. :biggrin

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
I met up with Stevo and his family a couple of year ago in Provence (South of France), he was driving a blue GT then if memory serves. It needed a clean. :biggrin

A dirty car is a pretty good indication that these guys actually drive their FGT's. The twisty roads above Monaco and this area of France/Italy are particularly well suited to the Ford GT40. Some of you might actually remember the very first "promo" ads seen on TV for our cars...shot in europe, not in L.A. or Madison Avenue, thank you!

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Have taken pictures and as soon as I figure how to download to this Forum, you'll have "em!

1. "Go Advanced" in your reply.
2. You'll see an area captioned "Additional Options" - just below the "Submit Reply" and "Preview Post" buttons.
3. In that area there's some small blue text that says "Attach Files" with an accompanying "Manage Attachments" button below it.
4. Click on the "Manage Attachments" button, and it opens a separate smaller window (also titled "Manage Attachments") which allows you to browse and select a file either from your computer, or from a URL. Note the max sizes for different type files.
5. After you've chosen the file or URL, click "Submit" and it will upload that image to be included in your post.
6. It might take a couple of minutes for the photo to upload (at the very bottom of that separate Manage Attachments window it will tell you that it's still requesting the site during the upload). When it's done uploading, you'll see the file name appear in the "Attach Files" box.
7. Hit "Preview Post" to see what it's going to look like. You can delete the file if you've uploaded the wrong one.
8. You can put up to five images in one post. You can't do them all at once - a separate upload for each pic.
9. When you're happy with what you see in the preview, then hit "Submit" and we'll all see them!! :cheers

Once you've done it, you'll see it's really is a lot easier than it sounds.

Be careful with all the photo enforcement over there - I think I got flashed every time I went through this certain tunnel between Monaco and Cannes last summer. I was in a rental car, and nothing followed me home - at least yet!! :lol:lol

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
1. "Go Advanced" in your reply.
2. You'll see an area captioned "Additional Options" - just below the "Submit Reply" and "Preview Post" buttons.
3. In that area there's some small blue text that says "Attach Files" with an accompanying "Manage Attachments" button below it.
4. Click on the "Manage Attachments" button, and it opens a separate smaller window (also titled "Manage Attachments") which allows you to browse and select a file either from your computer, or from a URL.
5. After you've chosen the file or URL, click "Submit" and it will upload that image to be included in your post.
6. It might take a couple of minutes for the photo to upload (at the very bottom of that separate Manage Attachments window it will tell you that it's still requesting the site during the upload). When it's done uploading, you'll see the file name appear in the "Attach Files" box.
7. Hit "Preview Post" to see what it's going to look like. You can delete the file if you've uploaded the wrong one.
8. You can put up to five images in one post. You can't do them all at once - a separate upload for each pic.
9. When you're happy with what you see in the preview, then hit "Submit" and we'll all see them!! :cheers

Once you've done it, you'll see it's really is a lot easier than it sounds.

Just be careful with the file sizes - look at the requirements. Maybe this should be a thread in the FAQ section, especially for the new owners? :thumbsup

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Just be careful with the file sizes - look at the requirements. Maybe this should be a thread in the FAQ section, especially for the new owners? :thumbsup

Correctomudo, Ralphie! Original post edited to include it - thanks :cheers

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Here's the "official" procedure for posting photos in the FAQ section:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachments.

Of course I had to do it the hard way and figure it out for myself! :bang

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Paul you can also send me a PM and I will post them for you via photobucket.