Modern day film of a B-17 & B-25

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Beautiful footage. I would kill for a ride-a-long in a Mitchell.

http://vimeo.com/18135369

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Wow. Besides the awesome scenery from places I know and love, what amazes me is just how awesome looking the planes are. The old planes really hold up as "cool machines". It's like looking at classic cars. Timeless. Almost art.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

That is my home airport, Falcon Field in Mesa, Arizona. Sentimental Journey (the B-17) has been there since I was a kid. After leading a tough life as a slurry bomber fighting forest fires for many years, the old B-17 was purchased by the Arizona Wing of the Confederate Air Force where volunteers spent years scrounging original parts and restoring or reconstructing others to return it to it's WW-2 configuration. I've flown in it as a passenger twice and spent a couple hours crawling around in it imagining what it must have been like to fly a mission and fight off fighters in it. You can't help but feel good every time it takes off or flies overhead.

Chip

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
WOW!!!! Thanks Steve. Fantastic quality in the footage.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
What stunned me was how claustrophobic a B-25 interior is (and I would assume a '17 as well). My little grandkids (then 2 & 4) just went SKATING through a B-25 from stem to stern...but, grampa & gramma sure didn't!

I can't imagine what it had to have been like trying to get from point "A" to point "B" inside one of those things while being slammed around by flack.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
What stunned me was how claustrophobic a B-25 interior is (and I would assume a '17 as well). My little grandkids (then 2 & 4) just went SKATING through a B-25 from stem to stern...but, grampa & gramma sure didn't!

I can't imagine what it had to have been like trying to get from point "A" to point "B" inside one of those things while being slammed around by flack.

Pockets, were you to old to have flown in them during the war?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, SHUDDUP!!!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
:lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Pockets, were you to old to have flown in them during the war?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, SHUDDUP!!!

I think bi-planes were before his time! :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'm ignoring you, Clinton.