Mecum: Kansas City Ford GT

StormBringer

Jul 18, 2014
Greenwich & Malibu
https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/KC0415-218272/0/2005-Ford-GT/6-Speed/

$255,000. was the hammer of a black '05 GT at the KC auction. 8276 miles.

Also not sure if you're updating articles on 2016 GT, the June issue of Hot Rod has short Q & A with Jamal Hameedi and a powertrain communication manager. One short response was that they were looking at carbon wheels. Next page over has a piece on "Years of the Snake Ford's Greatest Sports Cars All Share Shelby's DNA"

BC

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Nice to see a "high" mile car going for decent dollars. I think that eventually the mileage just won't matter anymore. Not sure how long that will be but I think it will happen.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
That's not high mileage. :)

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
That's not high mileage. :)

You and I would agree but the dealers think that it is.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
High miles when compared to what's crossing the block these days with under 50 miles. :)

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I believe this to be the same black car that was at Mecum Kissimmee 2015 which didn't meet the reserve there but reached a high bid of $250K. Mecum had 5 FGT's on that Saturday, holding back the prices on all IMHO.

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
So there's hope for me yet. I thought I would never be able to afford a Ford GT, but the Mecum price gives me hope. With $250K in the pocket I may just be able to afford one, hopefully not too much higher than that.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Red no-striper with 800 miles hammered at $300k yesterday during the RM auction of the Andrews collection in Fort Worth. Prices throughout the day were insane, $6.95 million for a '62 Ferrari convertible, 'vettes going for over $200k etc. no recession in Texas apparently

Tomcat

GT Owner
It will have some miles on the odo...but if you plan on driving her, no big deal!
So there's hope for me yet. I thought I would never be able to afford a Ford GT, but the Mecum price gives me hope. With $250K in the pocket I may just be able to afford one, hopefully not too much higher than that.

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
It will have some miles on the odo...but if you plan on driving her, no big deal!

I figured some miles, but not big miles, probably less than 12K. I plan on driving her, but mainly as a Sunday driver. I wonder if the new car will affect prices?
Also considering a Z8, a 458 and a F430, just so hard to make a decision.

Last edited:

Tomcat

GT Owner
Also considering a Z8...
I was watching Z8s for a long time hoping they would drop like the 850...no such luck!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I was watching Z8s for a long time hoping they would drop like the 850...no such luck!
On my list also but missed that boat

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
What are Z8's doing now?

I know Alpinas are crazy but WTF, less power and an automatic? No thank you, not even their killer paint options make up for that.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Good Lord. Just looked on eBay . Some in the 300s. Always loved that car but every time I'd see one in person, I would lose interest

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I bought Z8 2 years ago, Great driving convertible!! Prices like rest of market stalling. Z8s had a good upside, many going to europe, but with the euro dropping further rise unlikely. But never the less highly recommended. However be careful, pre purchase inspection by someone who knows them critical. They have their problems; frame issues, and early models the vanos systems as well.

jvmax

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 13, 2008
I bought 2 years ago also. They were always on my list, great car. Paid $120k for a 7k mile Z8 with the 400hp M5 motor and 6 speed manual trans, maybe worth $200k now but it doesnt matter as I am not selling. Regarding the alpinas that are automatic, and have the non-m motor I never liked these but they tend to bring more money than the regular Z8's. A particular dealer has cornered the market, and has them listed for over $350k which nodody is buying.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I bought mine 14 years back for MSRP then promptly prototyped Brembo 550M brakes for Brembo and put every DINAN upgrade but springs on. ALso put in the Quaiffe Limited slip differential in. That plus springs and HRE's and my input is about even with today's market. Not for sale tho.

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
Are the cars without the stripe more desirable and why?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Are the cars without the stripe more desirable and why?
Only to those who prefer no stripes.

Seriously, desire is by definition individual. For me, the only GT I prefer without stripes is black. And if I had black, I'd stealth it to the max. Ideally, leave "FORD GT" on the side, but in a paint or tape that is only visible from certain angles. Pure stealth.

Last edited: