Mecum Houston GT Heritage

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What will this 2006 Ford GT with 18 miles sell for tomorrow?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm wondering if this is Dana's throw down Ford GT Heritage that travels to all the auctions and never sells? Does anyone recognize it from another auction? I'm going to be surprised if it sells tomorrow in Houston. Didn't seem to be enough good buyers there today. Prices seemed to be pretty poor. I'll post an interesting purchase tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

tmctguer

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2010
dana point, CA
I too saw the car yesterday. Don't know if it sold today as I was unable to go to the auction. I will be there tomorrow (saturday), so someone should be able to fill me in on the details.

I noticed the car did not have the McIntosh stereo nor subwoofer. It also had an odd looking "spacer" between the rear of the car and the rear bumper. I do not believe my Heritage has one of these. It made the rear tail pipes appear to be 1" recessed into the rear of the car. Maybe the previous owner of my car removed it??

Attachments

• IMG_1287.jpg
    IMG_1287.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 592

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Is that a Canadian bumper?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Canadian car. Note the red rotation numbers on the windshield. That's a dead giveaway, plus the rear bumper extension is what was on all the Canadian cars to pass Canadian crash laws

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Canadian car. Note the red rotation numbers on the windshield. That's a dead giveaway, plus the rear bumper extension is what was on all the Canadian cars to pass Canadian crash laws

Also, the gauges will have symbols denoting the gauge function, instead of lettered names. Easy to spot, unless replaced with Speedhut units

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I believe the Canadian cars didn't have the McIntosh upgrade option available due to the extra weight of the mandatory Canadian bumpers. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard the Canadian cars are worth between 10-20% less than a comparable American car.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I think I saw the Camero Camilo received when he won the Motor City Masters design program on TV. If it had been a Mustang I would have purchased it. Ha, Ha. Actually this vehicle was built for show by an Electronic Media Co. For over $125,000. It was sold yesterday in Houston for $25,000. The interior was pink matching alligator leather and 9 screen videos. Pictures don't actually show off the unbelievable paint and bodywork. If it had been a 2010 Mustang I think I would have purchased it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 497
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 540

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That's all you Tomy!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I just don't 'get' the whole "Donk" thing. 'Never did. :skep

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
I think I saw the Camero Camilo received when he won the Motor City Masters design program on TV. If it had been a Mustang I would have purchased it. Ha, Ha. Actually this vehicle was built for show by an Electronic Media Co. For over $125,000. It was sold yesterday in Houston for $25,000. The interior was pink matching alligator leather and 9 screen videos. Pictures don't actually show off the unbelievable paint and bodywork. If it had been a 2010 Mustang I think I would have purchased it.

I think I need more Pepto!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Sold for $475,000 plus 10 % commission.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Sold for $475,000 plus 10 % commission.

I think Mecum is 8%.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Dana Mecum is known to negotiate commissions on the spot to get a car to sell...., I know, I have been on the buying end when he cut their commission way down to get a car I was bidding on to sell. Not saying that is the case here, but only the buyer and seller knows what the commission ended up being.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Strong $$$ for that car

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Was this a one owner car?

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta
Was this a one owner car?
I believe this car was bought in southern Alberta, Canada along with a red and blue GT and a whole bunch more cars and trucks from a private collection.
The purchaser then sold all the cars individually. They sold the red GT at Barrett Jackson Las Vegas last fall.

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Oh yeah, I remember this story! Man that car brought serious money in that case. It wasn't exactly in the best storage conditions.