Mecum GT sale

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Agree with you Waxer!

The ability to purchase one of these new GT's will be orders of magnitude more difficult than the 05-06 versions. To say nothing of the price difference.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
People who bought the car as an investment are starting to sell the car. It's price is going down, no question.
I think it will level out once they are mostly owned by real enthusiasts.
On the other hand, there are so many good cars out there (and many versions of them coming in the next months) that it only makes it harder to go with an old school car. Time will tell.

jerrykgt

GT Owner
Jan 28, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Hi Guys,

I live in Orlando and went to Mecum in Kissimmee and saw all the GTs there. The Yellow car was still in plastic in the interior and sold for $300K...about what you would expect. I saw a 2005 Red w/white stripes....very clean 7,000 miles sell for $220K. The other cars were as mentioned above...bid to $240K-$260K with no sales.

My impression is that prices were softening for GTs at Kissimmee. It seems like nobody wanted to pay above about $250K for cars with 5,000-8,000 miles. All of the cars were very clean (condition 2)...with the yellow car being Condition 1 as it was effectively brand new.

Jerry K.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Yea, it does look like people are starting to sell. Seems there are more "low" mile cars coming up for sale. There are more ads on Ebay. Have any forum members here sold?

The problem with them getting in the hands of the enthusiasts is there only so many of us in love with the Ford GT when there are so many great cars out there. I guess if all the forum members would buy them up!!!

Think any people who can't get the new GT, will buy another 05-06 or add another to their stable if they already have one?

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Think any people who can't get the new GT, will buy another 05-06 or add another to their stable if they already have one?

I know I would definitely be open to that. Especially if the prices fall a bit. Then I will twin-turbo my red one, and buy one or two others with lower miles just to have them and hold onto them. Maybe finally get that Heritage...

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Everyone needs a modded car and a stock one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerrykgt

GT Owner
Jan 28, 2015
Orlando, Florida
If anybody has a low mileage, one-owner midnight blue w/white stripes 2006 GT for sale.....I would like to add another vehicle to my garage....and would be interested....Jerry Kircher.....jerry.f.kircher@lmco.com

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
If you want a midnight blue, why just looking at 2006's? They made 264 in 2005 and 173 in 2006.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
The way I see it it's a win win for us. If prices hold or go up.. great. My car is worth a lot of money or even more. I think they will go up in the long term for MANY reasons.

If they go down a lot it won't affect my love for the FGT one bit and I'll buy another at the lower price. Yellow please.

jerrykgt

GT Owner
Jan 28, 2015
Orlando, Florida
I heard that 2005s had some front suspension problem/factory recall and that gauge clusters had failures. I thought the 2006s would have solved those early issues and be less prone to gauge failures.....not true?

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta
I heard that 2005s had some front suspension problem/factory recall and that gauge clusters had failures. I thought the 2006s would have solved those early issues and be less prone to gauge failures.....not true?

Gauge failure is on all gt models. All control arms on early cars were replaced with billet which I personally think are cool to have?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007

Very wrong. Gauges are an issue all across the board. Only a very small number of early 05s had the a arm recall and all those were corrected.

I don't see any evidence that they're going down in price nor that more are for sale than usual. Ever since I started looking for mine back in 2012, there have been lots with low mileage for sale on ebay. Other vehicles with which I have experience have often gone up in value, then hit a plateau, then up more etc. Some vehicles never go down in price (think Columbo V12 Ferraris, Bizzarinis, Vincent and Brough Superior motorcycles etc). I think that the "new GT" (wish Ford would call it something else) will not cause a price drop in 05-06 cars; it's too different in almost every way. Someone who wants a "modern" supercar will be interested, but anyone who likes "GT 40 styling" and no nanny devices will want an 05-06. Furthermore, the new model demonstrates that Ford is unlikely to EVER produce another with 60s styling. "New" and "old" GTs are not interchangeable, nor are they similar except that both demonstrate what the FoMoCo could do at the time of design.

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
If anybody has a low mileage, one-owner midnight blue w/white stripes 2006 GT for sale.....I would like to add another vehicle to my garage....and would be interested....Jerry Kircher.....jerry.f.kircher@lmco.com
There's one on ebay right now, not privately owned but appears to be a nice car.

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich
(wish Ford would call it something else) + 1

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
There's one on ebay right now, not privately owned but appears to be a nice car.

Actually, there are two, 2nd one being a stripe delete with 2100 miles