Matte Black Wrap Time Lapse Install Video

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Forget I had this link until Superfly asked me about my old car that I had wrapped. It is a very good vid that gives you an idea of what happens when your car gets a vinyl wrap. Thought some of you might like to see this.

If you have ever considered doing this it was very fun to have the car wrapped and held up very well also. Would highly recommend the company. Excellent work and an excellent product. They have done a few other Forum member GT's so they have great experience with our cars as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PstgiVkd5Vc

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Wow. I had no idea that there was so much involved in a wrap!

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Ha..nice. Thanks for sharing. How do they wrap the clam vents?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Thought some of you might like to see this.

...and you were RIGHT!

Thanks!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Didn't know they used propane torches. That sends shivers down my back.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Ha..nice. Thanks for sharing. How do they wrap the clam vents?

In certain spots like the clam vent if you look very closely you will see a seam along the inside. Unlike some of the big pieces that were being done in the vid others are pre-cut for area like the vent. I was actually glad they had done some others before mine. My friend Tom had his Tungsten done also (he still has his wrap on.....matte black also) and my seams were less noticable than his. However you really have to look for them. I can't tell you how many knowledgeable "car" people thought that is was a paint job. It looks that good in person. That is why the headlights need to be removed. I have seen wraps were they don't break down the car as much and it is obvious and looks very poor.

...and you were RIGHT!

Thanks!

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. Sorry I missed you in Vegas last time. The coming GT day has been taking up a lot of time and I have been remiss in answering some of my e-mails.

Didn't know they used propane torches. That sends shivers down my back.

They mostly use hot air guns, however the torches are only used to heat the vinyl for certain spots, not placed near the actual paint. They have actually done several high end wraps for Sema show cars as well and never had a paint issue during removal.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Sorry I missed you in Vegas last time. The coming GT day has been taking up a lot of time and I have been remiss in answering some of my e-mails.

'No problem. As usual, we weren't there over the weekend anyway, so I knew the odds of meeting up were somewhere between EXTREMELY LONG and totally non existent from the get-go! 'Just sent the email "FYI".

None the less, yeeeeeeeew still owe me (us) a dinner!!! And the INTEREST is really starting to pile up! :lol

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Thanks for posting. Super interesting. It answered a lot of question I've had about full body wraps - not the kelp kind. It's a pretty extensive process, what did they charge?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
what did they charge?

'Obviously can't speak for this specific job, but, in GENERAL, I believe "chrome" runs about $4K and most of the rest run about $2-3K. I think F-chat is where I read that.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Thanks for posting. Super interesting. It answered a lot of question I've had about full body wraps - not the kelp kind. It's a pretty extensive process, what did they charge?

Mine was a little over $5K. The GT is more expensive to do than some cars (if done right). For example the place that did mine did a 430 matte for SEMA but there are less nooks and crannies in that kind of car. The type/difficulty of the car comes into play with price. Simple cars with straight forward lines think $3K. I also had rims powdercoated and headlights and foglights coated for protection with a clear product.