Matech GT3

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
That’s awesome , what’s the story on the GT40
Doug's raced it for many years, Original factory race car with storied history. You'vemost likely seen pictures of it burning on top of a sand berm at Sebring in the 60's. Was sent back to England and repaired/rebuilt. Been raced ever since.

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
A few months ago we decided to put some together some content for our Youtube channel , here’s the link to the first video on the Matech GT3 .
Pretty happy with finished product , hope you enjoy It.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Wow,, that was great. Thank you for posting. Love the RED.

Reactions: steved57

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Very good video, loved it. The presentation was on a pro level, very understandable, good camera, audio etc. And to compare with an empty shell really allows to understand the differences that cannot be seen on a track ready car.

Thanks for posting, hope to see more videos from you.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Great info. Thanks for sharing.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I very much appreciate you sharing your car with us. Super cool.

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
Great video. Can’t wait to see the videos of the other cars. Thanks for sharing.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Great job on the video and the vehicle. It looks stunning... Love me a beautiful Matech!

Life is good,

Lance

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Was hoping to get up your way...but I'm not an "essential anything"....great video.

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Was hoping to get up your way...but I'm not an "essential anything"....great video.
Thanks , same for me , was planning on racing in several series this year but have done nothing.

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
Great walk around video Tim. I remember back when the Matech program was in it's embryonic stage there were two companies that wanted to build the FIA approved GT3 car. There could only be one and it needed Ford as the Manufacturer to approve them. I think it was between Marc VDS (who later went on to run the GT1 cars) and Matech and Ford went with Matech. I also seem to recall that Jost Capito who was the head of Ford Team RS (the European SVT equivalent) wasn't really that enthusiastic about the project at all and was fairly reluctant to bless either one. I was at Roush and we reported to Jost for the 101 European GT program.

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Great walk around video Tim. I remember back when the Matech program was in it's embryonic stage there were two companies that wanted to build the FIA approved GT3 car. There could only be one and it needed Ford as the Manufacturer to approve them. I think it was between Marc VDS (who later went on to run the GT1 cars) and Matech and Ford went with Matech. I also seem to recall that Jost Capito who was the head of Ford Team RS (the European SVT equivalent) wasn't really that enthusiastic about the project at all and was fairly reluctant to bless either one. I was at Roush and we reported to Jost for the 101 European GT program.
Talking to Sascha at Matech it sounds like in the early stages of the program Ford was not interested , so I think you are right.
The fact that the first 5 cars were built from complete production cars and Ford only decided to sell the frames after 5 cars were built also shows the lack of interest from Ford.
I recall early in the first season Matech actually tried to run the car with supercharged 5.4 engine and had cooling and fuel mileage issues.

Reactions: GT101

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks for posting your video on the Matech car. I have the big coffee table book about their racing effort.

I just received my Mk II and it has the air jacks. More to follow on that once back from PPF folks.

I run a FGT GT3 in the iRacing simulator. Fun car that i use in the VRS Sprint series. Here’s a fun video of “testing” at Barber in Alabama. Software engineers must have been bored. Must say the chassis and drivetrain are robust 😂

Reactions: BAT and GKW05GT

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Beautiful example of a Matech. Great video too.
:)

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Thanks for posting your video on the Matech car. I have the big coffee table book about their racing effort.

I just received my Mk II and it has the air jacks. More to follow on that once back from PPF folks.

I run a FGT GT3 in the iRacing simulator. Fun car that i use in the VRS Sprint series. Here’s a fun video of “testing” at Barber in Alabama. Software engineers must have been bored. Must say the chassis and drivetrain are robust 😂

Great news about getting the Mk II , did you add a passenger seat ?

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Beautiful example of a Matech. Great video too.
:)
Thanks

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Great news about getting the Mk II , did you add a passenger seat ?

yes, passenger seat. Dual cool suit hookups.

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
yes, passenger seat. Dual cool suit hookups.
When are we going to see some photos of the Mark II , do you have it back from getting the PPF done?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I get it back in next few days and will post up a thread. Gotta get it to the track!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I get it back in next few days and will post up a thread. Gotta get it to the track!

Cresson ?