Manuals

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Anybody - Are there any significant differences in '05 v. '06 service or wiring diag manuals?

Thanks.

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
Yes on the service, not sure on the wiring.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The 05 has many typos and incorrect info. Many of them are listed here on the Forum.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Thanks! My car is an '06, so I won't rely on the '05 manuals.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I bought the Helm (www.helminc.com) '06 version on CD. There is a hack to be able to run it without the disc installed. So far it's been accurate for the mechanicals. The only electrical thing I'm looking for is the radio connector which is supposed to be impossible to find but low on the priority list. Planning another Grand Canyon Colorado River trip so the car might sit for a while.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Many thanks, Tony. That's a great lead. Enjoy the canyon!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Many thanks, Tony. That's a great lead. Enjoy the canyon!

16 days at the bottom of the Canyon up close and personal with the rapids of the Colorado River. My favorite place on the planet and my 6th time.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
05-06 cars differ in that 05 had rare grilles in the earlier ones, and 06 had different clamshell adjusters....

Manuals are almost identical with the typos to what Frank said earlier being cleaned up in 06...

Do what I did - get both years

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The 05 grill save you from using dental tools to get the bugs out of the a/c condenser. :lol

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
16 days at the bottom of the Canyon up close and personal with the rapids of the Colorado River. My favorite place on the planet and my 6th time.

I used to kayak bits of the upper Colorado and many of the awesome creeks in CO. Never been on a down river trip. Someday. send pics.

The 05 grill save you from using dental tools to get the bugs out of the a/c condenser. :lol

But I need projects like that for those profusely anal moments? :willy

dtomaso1

GT Owner
Dec 6, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
What is the best source for a hard copy 06 shop manual? I see some on eBay, amazon etc. Seem to go for about $175. does that seem like the right price?

05-06 cars differ in that 05 had rare grilles in the earlier ones, and 06 had different clamshell adjusters....

Manuals are almost identical with the typos to what Frank said earlier being cleaned up in 06...

Do what I did - get both years

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Tom, I have a few sets available. Just set one aside for you if you ae interested.