MacIntosh Not Working

mlane

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2008
Coto de Caza, CA
My battery was completely dead. After jumping it the gauges did not work... Attached a battery tender to the car for a few days and it fired right up- all gauges worked, AC worked but MacIntosh will not turn on? Any ideas?
Thanks

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
The Mc and the gauges are very sensitive to low battery

Check your frame ground strap and clean contact point

From what I Undertand a battery tender will maintain low discharged battery
Not fully recharge battery

I would drive it for an hour or 75 miles and look into getting CTEK battery charger /

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The Mac needs a minimum voltage to fire up, just as the gauges do. I don't understand it, but that's the way it is. Give it a few on-off cycles and report back.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I guarantee you its just the radio fuse in the passenger foot well if you are not getting power at all....

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Never turned mine on.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Since I did the "mac" relocate.... and changed the battery - I havent set the clock or now that I think of it even turned on the radio for probably 7 months...

I can officially say "what radio" now I feel

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Since I did the "mac" relocate.... and changed the battery - I havent set the clock or now that I think of it even turned on the radio for probably 7 months...

I can officially say "what radio" now I feel

Since this thread has been totally hijacked...I have a Mac relocate kit...complete...that I may offer for sale. I wanted to get rid of the tumor, but now I don't want to lose luggage space. I thought about doing a "Mac delete" (take out the tumor, but don't relocate the amp and speaker), but I like to listen to it in the garage at night. It is a wonderful sound system. It is the best sound system I own, period.

I have never played it while driving.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I just lost the 2 driver's side door speakers.

Ed

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
better check with lost & found
I just lost the 2 driver's side door speakers.

Ed

EA40

GT Owner
Feb 4, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
this happened to my car when i changed the battery. you need to 'jump start' the deck by throwing a CD in. then it fires up. that's how mine came to life.