Macintosh Amp/Sub Replacement Business Opportunity

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
I'm wondering how many owners are as put off as I am over the hideous looking Macintosh amp/sub-woofer assembly? I've read several posts, but can't find where anyone has established a method of relocating both the amp and the sub-woofer to a better location.

If my senses are correct, there are hundreds of owners that would swap over to the non-Mac upper/rear/center console panel and in doing so gain precious storage space while dramatically cleaning up the interior and frontal view of the supercharger. So with all the dodads being offered by the aftermarket, why is it that no one has tackled this issue and come up with a viable alternative; one that allows for the full retention of the Mac components simply located elsewhere? I am aware that some owners have relocated the amp behind the passenger's seat, but there does not appear to be a solution for the sub-woofer. I for one would like to retain the sound quality of the original system (or something relatively close in quality).

Perhaps a fully compatible, low-profile sub could be integrated into the system and also located behind the passenger's seat next to the amp? Surely someone out there with audio expertise can come up with a solution. Better still, if someone could develop a package to include the OEM, non-Mac upper console panel, wire harness extensions (to connect the factory harness to the sub and amp and their new location(s)), possibly a new sub-woofer, and visually appealing enclosures for both components. BTW, removal of that ridiculous child seat anchor behind the passenger's seat frees up a bit of space that could be useful here.

So with all of that said, I'm hoping that someone from the aftermarket will take up the challenge and develop a technically viable, eye-appealing solution.

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I like the looks of the sub that the GTX1 offers. You don't gain the storage but the sub lies flush with the surround. Amp could go behind the passenger seat.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Jamal the project manager told us that the amp was supposed to be under the passenger seat, but for some safety reason it was moved behind the sub.
Obviously this could be done and the same speaker that Genardi is using would work for us. It has been asked if Genardi will be selling a kit and I have yet to see a reply.

Aug 25, 2006
agreed

Shadowman