Loud Tranny In Neutral

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Hey guys , tonite i took 1314 for a spin ,friday the day before christmas eve.Tonite the weather was around 39 to 41 balmy new york dec. weather. with over 300 miles i dont have the sticky or touchy 1st to 2nd or the grind, past all that, in gear , going through the gears its smooth as butter , shifts great but when i come down to a light popping into neutral the tranny rattle/knocks like a deisel or sounds like an old clutch plate skating sound, remember when you used to cut down fly wheels to lighten them. that metal , tiny skating sound... Once i barely depress the clutch its gone , obviously i think its the combo of the cold , which by the way the last 5 days its been 3 degrees out, and havent started since 2 weeks, And the heavy double clutch bedding in. what do you think?
1 no clutch burning smell
2 shifts like a dream, no grind , pop out , sticky ect.
3so far just in cold weather it makes a skating metal sound till clutch is barely depressed than gone
4 can it be fluid never got hot enough? i drove 35 miles
thanks gtjoey :thumbsup

racer X

GT Owner
Nov 4, 2005
No such problem, I have just over 2K miles and running like a champ. If you don't get any help on this board. Call Mike at Dallas Mustang (number above), they have done alot of work, its worth a shot. OR call the Ford # directly. Call me and I'll get you the guys I finally spoke with that were very helpfull

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
ALL GONE!!!! started the car again today , christmas eve,let warm up for 10 minutes no noise , quiet all over again. WHAT do i think? i keep the car in 1st gear plus the emergency brake , its been cold in the barn plus didnt move for three weeks. I think crap on the throw out bearing or shaft held it up a hair,i purposely depressed the clutch all the way to floor 2 or three times before starting today , seemed to free up then when warm , NOTHING BABY!!! THANKS TO ALL PRIVATE EMAILS. JUST RUN THEM AND THEY WILL WORK BABY!!!! GTJOEY IN THE SNOWY :biggrin :thumbsup

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
It's called Neutral Gear Rattle. No big deal. No problems. Just the nature of the Beast. Viper were/are know for this. Some people it bothers others it does not. Your baby is fine.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
THANK YOU FRANK GTJOEY 1314 :thumbsup