Loud Exhaust

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I have the Ford long tube headers, and the Ford racing "muffler". I LOVE the sound.

I also live in a *very* noise sensitive neighborhood. I actually want to try to get along. I can drive in and out of my neighborhood - pretty quiet.

However, on startup - at really roars. Really....

In discussion with Torrie - the reason for the initial blast is to warm up the cats - for emissions..

As part of my discussions with Torrie when he was here for the MN event - he indicated that the initial blast could be programmed out of the start sequence.

Net, net - besides a real strong and safe tune (see related post) - my cold start up blast (which I really like BTW) is way (way) dialed back. Torries new tune file really takes care of it.

I was impressed with Torrie. Now even more.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I was impressed with Torrie. Now even more.
Nobody but Torrie will tune my GT.

Best Regards,

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Ask and ye shall receive guys! Thank you for the kind words it is sincerely appreciated.

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Hey Mr. red FGT..

..your neighbors already hate you.. you might as well punish them a little at start-up :0)

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Hey Mr. red FGT..

..your neighbors already hate you.. you might as well punish them a little at start-up :0)

hahahhaaaa

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I would love to see a vid so I can hear that start up music.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I would love to see a vid so I can hear that start up music.

Ask and thou shalt receive. This vid has several exhaust systems:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...ust-Compilation&highlight=exhaust+compliation

Edit:

In case you didn't 'scroll down' on the above link and missed this:

In order:

Stock - Manny, #1418
Borla - Florida Chris
Accufab - Bony
Bob Ida - barondw
Tubi - John Gourley
Full FRPP w/headers - Shoboat

Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Hey Mr. red FGT..

I can imagine mine really hate me. My gt and my Lambo both have that "crap, that was loud" startup. :)

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Hey Mr. red FGT..

Indeed they do!

Had a (very) local car show on Saturday. My FGT won the "Mayors Choice" award (I think he wanted a ride). Not a bad thing having a little enthusiasm down at city hall....

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Indeed they do!

Had a (very) local car show on Saturday. My FGT won the "Mayors Choice" award (I think he wanted a ride). Not a bad thing having a little enthusiasm down at city hall....

Or a multipurpose room.