Looking for an old 05 GT Marketing Graphic

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
With summer here and getting out a LOT more, I'd like to make a poster to set up when attending car shows.

Back in the day, there was a set of 4 graphics - a tungsten car with standard wheels, a red / stripe with optional wheels, a front view Heritage with both doors open and one with a wealth of technical info and color options on the right side. it's this last one I'm trying to find in some digital form.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Mr.Charger

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I'm sure this isn't the one you're referring to, but might also be of interest to you: https://dearbornperformance.com/shop/ols/products/2005-ford-gt-to-gt40-comparison-banner

rs=w:1113,h:441

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Thanks. Interesting but not quite what I'm looking for... Here is a picture:

IMG_1577.JPG

And I guess I should be a bit more specific... I'd like an editable digital file, if at all possible so I can rotate pictures or blocks of text.

A long shot, I know...

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Ah, I see, yeah that is really cool (y) Would love to have one for my wall. Oh, BTW if you haven't seen the red and green one I posted, it's a canvas with rivets at the corners. Nice quality, thick/tough, bound to be waterproof, and looks sharp in person. Hey I sound like a shill, but I promise I'm not!

Fast CPA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2020
South Jersey

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Joe, I made my own poster using Bluebeam software, jpg and pdf files. Costco also has great metal print service based on jpg file.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I sure am glad Midnight Blue turned out a bit darker than on the piece above.

Shouldn't run into any copyright problems having just one made for ourselves, correct? I didn't see any copyright logos.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: extrap

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO

EXACTLY what I was looking for... Next step is to see if I can unpack all the elements and build a portrait version. If not, I'll build my own version.

Many thanks!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
It can be taken apart with Adobe Illustrator:
poster.png

Some of the text is embedded which you could easily edit, although you'll need to have the fonts for it to look the same as original. But some of the text is already outlined vectors that wouldn't be so easy to modify. For those you'd probably want to figure out which font it is and then re-type it from scratch. Ha! .. the Ford logo and 3 little GT graphics across the bottom are vectors; see below :cool: Maybe you already know all this ... anyway, seems like it should work great for you! Good luck (y)

GT_graphic.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 2112

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I just uploaded the PDF to Vistaprint and ordered a 36" wide poster for my wall (y) (the PDF design isn't 24" tall, which is the paper size so I'll cut it down to height)

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Again, thanks all! Only issue thus far is the resolution of some images - the white GT with doors open in particular - are not the highest resolution and get pixelated when making blowing up. But no worries, I'll just swap in a picture of my car!

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Again, thanks all! Only issue thus far is the resolution of some images - the white GT with doors open in particular - are not the highest resolution and get pixelated when making blowing up. But no worries, I'll just swap in a picture of my car!

I have some resolution-increasing software that works wonders on some types of photos- email me one and I'll do a test.

email is my forum name at gmail.

Here's a low res pic of my old Elise and the result from the software.
elise before and after.jpg

Reactions: daytrayd and extrap

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
WOW! Image on it's way, thanks!

Reactions: extrap

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

Yeah, I did notice the non-vector graphics aren't very hi rez. When my Vistaprint poster of it arrives, I'll post back here as to how they look when 36" wide🤞

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have some resolution-increasing software that works wonders on some types of photos- email me one and I'll do a test.

email is my forum name at gmail.

Here's a low res pic of my old Elise and the result from the software.
View attachment 63424

Damn!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Center punch: I have some large prints of pictures I took on Denali (Mt McKinley) almost 30 years ago. Unfortunately, the photo shop to which I took the negatives to have the prints made, lost the negatives. For years I’ve wanted to scan those prints and digitally sharpen and color-correct them. What software do you recommend?

Thanks, PK

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Center punch: I have some large prints of pictures I took on Denali (Mt McKinley) almost 30 years ago. Unfortunately, the photo shop to which I took the negatives to have the prints made, lost the negatives. For years I’ve wanted to scan those prints and digitally sharpen and color-correct them. What software do you recommend?
Thanks, PK

I use Topaz gigapixel. You can download the fully functional software and use it for 30 days for free. I ended up buying it. Be sure to test it before buying it- you need a pretty good graphics card to run it.

A friend is working on a book and had some low resolution historic photos of a damaged building. I ran them through the software a few different ways, and the result was pretty amazing.
tight crop of original image.jpgtight crop processed twice.jpg

Reactions: digman1 and extrap

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
And here's my late dad with his Varieze.
pop pop compared.jpg

Reactions: digman1 and extrap

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
That is really impressive.