Looking For A Trailer

Mr.Peebles

GT Owner
Jun 19, 2019
Friends - Now that AMGT40-1 is finally delivered, I am looking for a trailer designed to safely accommodate the Ford GT. I want to get this amazing vehicle out there for people to see who would ordinarily not have a chance to experience the NFGT. Please let me know and thank you in advance.

Big Jim

GT Owner
Oct 24, 2019
Seriously look at a rail Ryder trailer. Love ours. Chance of damage to the car is about as low as it gets

Reactions: Mr.Peebles

Mr.Peebles

GT Owner
Jun 19, 2019
Seriously look at a rail Ryder trailer. Love ours. Chance of damage to the car is about as low as it gets
I have Big Jim and it looks like Rail Ryder makes a wonderful system. I wish I could swing that now, but having just purchased AMGT40-1, I'm hoping to find something nice but more affordable.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I too am looking for a trailer and I have gone down a deep, deep rabbit hole over the past 2 months. My head hurts from all the information I have read and listening to all the sales bullshit about how "our trailer is one of the best available". I'd like to be able to put my GT in it but primarily It's going to be used to haul a car/tools/extra tires to and from the track. I believe an enclosed trailer is the only way to go for me. I have looked at 6 or 8 different manufacturers and I am thoroughly confused. ATC or InTech is at the top of my wish list but they are nearly impossible to find in Canada. As with all of my car purchases (6 purchases in the past 15 years), I'm going to have to go to the US to find what I want.

I too would like to hear more feedback on what trailer everyone has.

QSS

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
There is an old, long thread on trailers here. For new GTs the Jimglo seems to work best. For old GTs the Trailex seems to be the most liked.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Check out Montrose Trailers. They are custom built to spec. I had this one built specifically for the new GT. It only weighs 1800 lbs, has double O track and sway control. I had it built in August of 2020 for under $20k. I’ve since had it across the US to several events.
1646623502586.jpeg1646623417872.jpeg
1646623081652.jpeg
1646623246501.jpeg
This is my first Montrose

1646623348132.jpeg

davidn

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2007
Carrollton,Texas
JimGlo is that way to go.....

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I overdid it, But I want to haul both the 06 GTX! And the 2019 and still have room for stuff
Had ALUM LINE built it outstanding job.

Attachments

• 93866FF9-205D-4880-9478-3AE6C1A3E95B.jpeg
    93866FF9-205D-4880-9478-3AE6C1A3E95B.jpeg
    985 KB · Views: 37

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Check out Montrose Trailers. They are custom built to spec. I had this one built specifically for the new GT. It only weighs 1800 lbs, has double O track and sway control. I had it built in August of 2020 for under $20k. I’ve since had it across the US to several events.
View attachment 65738View attachment 65737
View attachment 65733
View attachment 65735
This is my first Montrose

View attachment 65736
Those pictures appear to be of 3 different trailers. One has interior wheel wells (06GT), another has a partial storage area cut out of the floor, and the third has a larger cutout with a spare tire compartment on the end. Is this the same trailer, but you modified it several times?

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Those pictures appear to be of 3 different trailers. One has interior wheel wells (06GT), another has a partial storage area cut out of the floor, and the third has a larger cutout with a spare tire compartment on the end. Is this the same trailer, but you modified it several times?
The first 4 pics are of my new trailer. The last is of my old one I sold to a forum member, it was a little too tight for the new GT.

Big Jim

GT Owner
Oct 24, 2019
We actually bought a used Sundowner aluminum frame trailer from a buddy; Dale at Rail Ryder installed the system. Overall cost was a hair over 30k for the rig. Loading is crazy easy and car is tied down on drive on carriages outside of trailer, pulled in via winch and done. If I'm gonna screw up the paint, it is going to be trailering. This system is a godsend for preventing that.
20210412_103805 (1).jpg

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Anyone have a recommendation where I could get an Intech or ATC car hauler in Montana, Utah, Nevada or Arizona? I've found a nice ATC in Illinois that suits my needs but it's a 26 hour drive one way and they want $4,000 to ship it to Vegas so I'm trying to find a slightly closer dealer.

QSS

davidn

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2007
Carrollton,Texas
Anyone have a recommendation where I could get an Intech or ATC car hauler in Montana, Utah, Nevada or Arizona? I've found a nice ATC in Illinois that suits my needs but it's a 26 hour drive one way and they want $4,000 to ship it to Vegas so I'm trying to find a slightly closer dealer.

QSS

I spend 4 months chasing a ATC or Intech with Zero luck......most dealer won't even return call and the factory is no help ...the ones that did call back have one year wait time to get one .....I called Sean at JIMGO in Arizona and they sell direct or thru only one dealer ...Complete trailers ...https://completetrailers.com/available-inventory. they have 3 location .... Texas,Cali and Colorado ..... was able to get a JimGlo.....I JUST Looked and complete shows to have ATC trailers in stock In all 3 locations .....

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I could never figure out how to back up a trailer (bottom of the wheel in direction you want the trailer to go?) or calculate the angular derivative of the angular acceleration? Too complicated. That’s why I just drive it everywhere.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
We have just "normal" trailers, no riders, side doors etc (we have a 24 and a 44). The NGT fits. Its not as convenient for sure, but works for me at this point. The car is 100% PPF, and I physically fit out the window.

Mr.Peebles

GT Owner
Jun 19, 2019
I too am looking for a trailer and I have gone down a deep, deep rabbit hole over the past 2 months. My head hurts from all the information I have read and listening to all the sales bullshit about how "our trailer is one of the best available". I'd like to be able to put my GT in it but primarily It's going to be used to haul a car/tools/extra tires to and from the track. I believe an enclosed trailer is the only way to go for me. I have looked at 6 or 8 different manufacturers and I am thoroughly confused. ATC or InTech is at the top of my wish list but they are nearly impossible to find in Canada. As with all of my car purchases (6 purchases in the past 15 years), I'm going to have to go to the US to find what I want.

I too would like to hear more feedback on what trailer everyone has.

QSS
Good luck. I know what you’re going through.

Mr.Peebles

GT Owner
Jun 19, 2019
We have just "normal" trailers, no riders, side doors etc (we have a 24 and a 44). The NGT fits. Its not as convenient for sure, but works for me at this point. The car is 100% PPF, and I physically fit out the window.
Good to hear. Thank you for your reply.

Mr.Peebles

GT Owner
Jun 19, 2019
I could never figure out how to back up a trailer (bottom of the wheel in direction you want the trailer to go?) or calculate the angular derivative of the angular acceleration? Too complicated. That’s why I just drive it everywhere.
Excellent solution!

Mr.Peebles

GT Owner
Jun 19, 2019
I spend 4 months chasing a ATC or Intech with Zero luck......most dealer won't even return call and the factory is no help ...the ones that did call back have one year wait time to get one .....I called Sean at JIMGO in Arizona and they sell direct or thru only one dealer ...Complete trailers ...https://completetrailers.com/available-inventory. they have 3 location .... Texas,Cali and Colorado ..... was able to get a JimGlo.....I JUST Looked and complete shows to have ATC trailers in stock In all 3 locations .....
Thanks for the recommendation!

Mr.Peebles

GT Owner
Jun 19, 2019
We actually bought a used Sundowner aluminum frame trailer from a buddy; Dale at Rail Ryder installed the system. Overall cost was a hair over 30k for the rig. Loading is crazy easy and car is tied down on drive on carriages outside of trailer, pulled in via winch and done. If I'm gonna screw up the paint, it is going to be trailering. This system is a godsend for preventing that.
View attachment 65741
Thanks Big Jim. I love your heritage!

Reactions: davidn