Looking for a low mileage GT

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
What is that gauge on the blue car?
That is a gauge cluster that was optioned with the 2012 Ford Boss 302 "LS". I would think they might have one at the auction and as extrap mentioned , they added the wrong photo. Viewing the minute long walk around video, I dont see one of these on the top of the dash.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
No one would do that to a GT!
Or maybe??????????

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Since you asked about the hue of the Red color paint, here are a handful of Texas Rally photos with red and other color Ford GTs, that might help. I don't think it has much if any orange prominently in it.

Texas Rally--5 copy.jpg

Texas Rally--3 copy.jpg

Texas Rally--2 copy.jpg

Reactions: extrap

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
I really love quicksilver too. Very rare. Wonder why its not popular.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
The things that come up most often across all the forums I frequent it seems like when silver is mentioned, keep in mind I may or may not agree:

1. It looks unpainted, like bare machinery
2. It is a color for German cars
3. It is a common color in the auto industry, that isn’t sports car exciting

I had a Porsche Turbo in Arctic silver that I liked, but I didn’t care for the shades that included brown or blue tinting (using the metal flake).

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Silver is boring so I went white. lol

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I like silver for its attractiveness as well as its dirt disguising traits. In this pic I had just finished competing in a mud bog competition:
IMG_0860b.JPG

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Love my QSilver with billet A-arms.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Silver and "shades of silver"... From original Ford press release:

Tungsten Silver highlights Ford GT design details

To commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the Ford's first win at Le Mans, the 2006 Ford GT will be offered in a limited-edition Tungsten Silver, which replaces Quick Silver on the Ford GT's color palette. A Quick Silver racing stripe can be added to the Tungsten Silver package.

Tungsten Silver was developed for the 2004 North American International Auto Show Ford "Performance Trilogy" show cars - the Ford GT, the Shelby Cobra roadster concept and the new 2005 Mustang GT. Customer demand was so overwhelming that the color was added to the production palette.

"There's good contrast between the colors," says Camilo Pardo, chief designer of the Ford GT. "But it's a discreet contrast. In Tungsten Silver, the Ford GT is really dressy, like a fine suit. It looks mature.

"This dark silver color also brings out all the design features and the subtleties of the car," he adds. "In fact, people who've seen it thought we'd added a feature line around the side of the car. It's always been there, but you may not notice it in the car's other colors. The Tungsten Silver really brings it out."

Pardo notes that in the design studio, clay models are covered with "Dynoc" material that is a similar hue to Tungsten silver. The color is specifically designed to enhance the vehicle design details for evaluation.

"We use silver to evaluate our designs throughout the whole process," he says. "It brings out the subtleties, the returns and the negatives, the differences between horizontal and vertical surfaces."

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
6 mile white GT hammered at 460k and sold at 506k.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Results so far including Buyers Premium

Blue with 262 miles - 517k

Black with 1400 miles - 506k

White with 7 miles - 506k

Heritage with 5000 miles - 473k???

Does this heritage car have some accident history? Why so low?

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Last one

White 1500 miles - 429k including premium. Seems like white and red always get sold for lower price.

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
I understand the buyers premium of 10% but does the seller also have a premium to pay , is it 10 % both ways ?

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
I understand the buyers premium of 10% but does the seller also have a premium to pay , is it 10 % both ways ?

Its both ways, which means seller takes much less. I dont even understand why people use traditional auction house vs bringatrailer.

Reactions: FGT899 and PeteK

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
It's more like 18% total (unless negotiated otherwise with the auction house), but that's still nuts.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
It's more like 18% total (unless negotiated otherwise with the auction house), but that's still nuts.
Its crazy. Both buyer and seller lose and only the auction house win. Makes me wonder the guys selling/buying are smart successful people, why use it in the first place? Too much money that they dont mind using 30-40k?

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Yeah that is crazy I think they just want their 15 minutes of fame lol Bat is where I'll be looking this year

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Yeah that is crazy I think they just want their 15 minutes of fame lol Bat is where I'll be looking this year

Thats where good deals are found especially in downtrending market. Or I would consider 1700 mile white gt at Porsche Wichita. Now at 415k and I think some wiggle room to bring it down to 405k or so.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
BaT takes an engaged seller with the ability to separate the chaff from the wheat.

Definitely worth it, but maybe not what some sellers are interested in doing.