GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Recent Auction

Tungsten Stripe Delete 15k miles - 415k
White 3k miles - 456.5k

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Picking up a gt that was in storage for the last 3 months. I am afraid battery may be dead. What should I do in such case? I am flying out there.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Are you driving back to home or arranging transport? Just buy a new battery at AutoZone or oreilly locally and put it in. If oil and brake fluid are in good shape you should be ready to go. Look at tires. If the original good years, just take it easy until you can get bridgestones

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Are you driving back to home or arranging transport? Just buy a new battery at AutoZone or oreilly locally and put it in. If oil and brake fluid are in good shape you should be ready to go. Look at tires. If the original good years, just take it easy until you can get bridgestones

Arranging transport. Whats the chance of flat battery? If I have them hook it up to trickle charger is that safe?

How easy is it to replace battery?

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Arranging transport. Whats the chance of flat battery? If I have them hook it up to trickle charger is that safe?

Replace it. Easy. Do not lean on fenders!

Reactions: 2112

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Pretty easy. There are detailed write ups about how to do it here on the Forum.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You certainly can hook to it to trickle charger. Not a good idea to jump start. The most important thing is to protect the guages

Reactions: 2112 and THamonGT

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
You certainly can hook to it to trickle charger. Not a good idea to jump start. The most important thing is to protect the guages
It has speedhut gauges. Still dont risk it right?

Reactions: Vinithing

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
It should be ok then. Probably don't need to replace battery then unless it is more than 5 years old.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

If by "arranging transport" you mean hiring somebody, and they might need to replace the battery, that's kinda scary ... Makes sure they know Do Not Let Elbows Touch The Fenders!! ... otherwise, ding (n) :(

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
If by "arranging transport" you mean hiring somebody, and they might need to replace the battery, that's kinda scary ... Makes sure they know Do Not Let Elbows Touch The Fenders!! ... otherwise, ding (n) :(

I wont. Can I just hook it to a ctek charger for few hours prior and hope for the best?

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
I wont. Can I just hook it to a ctek charger for few hours prior and hope for the best?
Now I am anxious the battery is dead and it will be a headache

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Yes, def try that first.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Remember this is a stick shift. You can always pop the ciutch.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I wouldn’t sweat it, this is a few of us on Rally 12. After push starting Viperman’s GT all day long, I made him stop at Napa to throw a new battery in. It was all of a 15 minute pit stop, but a memory we still laugh about today. IMG_9274.jpeg
IMG_9085.jpegIMG_9091.jpeg

Last edited:

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
My transport guy said that he has battery pack. Is it safe to do this? I should remove the frunk liner and access the battery right?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
My transport guy said that he has battery pack. Is it safe to do this? I should remove the frunk liner and access the battery right?
I don't think I have enough experience / knowledge to competently answer you. I "want" to say, 'Yes it's safe, since you don't have the OEM gauges', but someone else needs to reply here to say whether or not the ECU could be at risk, or anything else. I doubt it, but def not sure. Yeah, remove the trunk liner to get to the battery.

Reactions: drilling

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018

So do not push these area too hard with elbow or it will cause a dent right?

Attachments

• 714C6C82-6A2F-4D15-83B4-301653E9B9B9.jpeg
    714C6C82-6A2F-4D15-83B4-301653E9B9B9.jpeg
    25.8 KB · Views: 6

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
So do not push these area too hard with elbow or it will cause a dent right?
EXACTLY!

Reactions: drilling

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
You are the best!