Looking for a GT.....

Belgiumbarry

Sep 3, 2009
hello,

i'm still dreaming to buy a GT... to use it for what is was made ! :biggrin.......some stupid question, as i follow here the ads ,all are "as new"... collector items ... no miles, as new prices :frown.... are there "for sale" real used ones ??? in the 100k $ range ???? not garage queens....:eek

sorry for my stupid question :biggrin

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Welcome,

Not a stupid question at all............Unfortunately not many GT's are in the 100 $ range.....either low/high mileage. Anything in that range are usually rebuilt one's (which have a Title issue) A realist price with some mileage under 10K, would be in the 150 $....but I would speak to one of our vendors which has much more knowledge about these cars....Look up SHELBYELITE.......I am sure he will help you.

Hope you get one........

Gino

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Call Shelby

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
When I was looking in January one owner cars except for Red under 2 thousand miles were pulling 160 thous$ and above....cars with all the documents and orginal accessories around MSRP (mine).....Silver/black strips and yellow/black strips and some limited production colors(very low mileage) 170thous and above.....of course the Heritage in an unmatched class of its own. Agree with Red GT that one of the site vendors is in a better position to discuss high mileage cars. In general prices appear to be trending upwards from what I see.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Welcome. As for finding a GT for $100k, that is very very unlikely. Only Ford GT in that price range is gonna be a wrecked car that has not yet been fixed. Even salvage cars are currently bringing $120k-ish in fixed form. All the best and we look forward to seeing you around. If you get your budget up, check out my site, www.eliteautosllc.com
Plenty of Ford GTs to choose from there :)

Belgiumbarry

Sep 3, 2009
Thanks for replys... and Shelby , yes, i see your beautifull NEW ones ... but not one "high" mileage ...do they exist ??? and get my budget up... yes, eventualy by selling some other "toys" ... but i do love them all so much :lol.........Here in Europe is see red ones at 150K € , other colors up to 200K €.... and i like the grey ones..., ok , also white ....but sure no stripes, more common in the US for sportcars, to much duplicated in Europe on silly cars .... givin it a "bad" look... yes, a grey one,stripe delete ,would do it for me :thumbsup

and as we say here, the search is more satisfying than the owning.... don't know, i want one !

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Even high mileage won't get you in the low 100k range - you'd be lucky to get a high-miler in the 140K range...

Belgiumbarry

Sep 3, 2009
Welcome. As for finding a GT for $100k, that is very very unlikely. Only Ford GT in that price range is gonna be a wrecked car that has not yet been fixed. Even salvage cars are currently bringing $120k-ish in fixed form. All the best and we look forward to seeing you around. If you get your budget up, check out my site, www.eliteautosllc.com
Plenty of Ford GTs to choose from there :)

I would love to shop around Shelby but i see huge problems with paperwork here in Belgium....i know a case of US import that took a YEAR to get the car on the road....:eek so i better look for 1 of the 101Europ cars i think.....and not getting frustrated with some monkeys behind a desk instead of enyoing the car....and yes, now getting used to the idea that it will be in the 150-200K range instead of a "barn find".....:lol

Belgiumbarry

Sep 3, 2009
so i see low mileage cars... from 05,06...with almost "new" tires...:confused..would you guys thrust those, now in 2011, for really driving the GT ???? or share my opinion that at least it needs NEW tires ???

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
There doesn't seem to be that much talk about time and its effect on the safety of the original Goodyears, but , in the Viper forums, it is generally accepted to replace the run-flat Michelins after 4 years due to the hardening of the compound. If for no other reason, saving the original tires for posterity could make sense.