'Looking for '59 or '60 Impala

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...348, tri-power, 4-spd, posi, 2 dr. ht. STOCK! Restored. Turn key. Numbers matching preferred, but as long as it's STOCK, 'will consider non-matching. Prefer red/red, but will consider other color combos.

'Hope this is the correct place to post this! If not, pls move.

Thanks.

(Yes, I know this is a Ford group! But, surely some of you "slum it" with a few "G.M." types now & then - or know someone who does!:lol)

Last edited:

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
I thought you had one already. I remember wanting to buy a '61 409, 4 spd in 1971 for 6 c notes. Perfect, unaltered car, I used to walk by it on my way home from HS. What are they bringing now? I know a guy in Co. that still may have a '60. I haven't talked to him in a while. I will try to get some info for you.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I thought you had one already. I remember wanting to buy a '61 409, 4 spd in 1971 for 600 c notes. Perfect, unaltered car, I used to walk by it on my way home from HS. What are they bringing now? I know a guy in Co. that still may have a '60. I haven't talked to him in a while. I will try to get some info for you.

Thanks, Tony.

The car you're thinking of is a 1960 BISCAYNE (348, blah, blah). 'Gettin' a smokin' deal on that'un. But, 'still want a mint Impala.

Prices are all over the map depending on condition/color/quality of resto, etc. 'Pretty much like any other car of that era.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
welcome to bow tie land...
nothing wrong with a bubble top...
if you can hijack the forum, I will hijack your thread....:banana:lol:banana

Attachments

• knickers.jpg
    knickers.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 135

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
HEY!!!!!!!!!:mad:bang

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
you think your having a bad day...

Attachments

• zzsucksforthisguy.jpg
    zzsucksforthisguy.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 131

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
well I'm going to go back to the golf channel...

Attachments

• 19th_hole.jpg
    19th_hole.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 131

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
you think your having a bad day...

Who's THIS pinhead's mechanic???????!!!!!

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
E.P. I know of a 62 red 409 Impala 2dr.HT in west Texas for $20K. Not a full show car, but very presentable. Like you said, prices are all over the place. And Mr.. Bony, (I use the term, "Mister" very loosely), ye guru of SoCal autodom.........I thought (but I get in trouble when I think) that "bubbletops" were refering to 1961 Impala 2dr. HT's and 1962 BelAir 2dr. HT's (not Impalas in 62). I have never heard the 59 or 60 mentioned as a "bubble" but I learn sumptin' all the time. I am too lazy to go to the "bubble" forum. Perhaps Bouncy would care to share a "bubble bath" whereby we could discuss "bubbles" and "tops"? I am definitely into conservation.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
E.P. I know of a 62 red 409 Impala 2dr.HT in west Texas for $20K. Not a full show car, but very presentable. Like you said, prices are all over the place. And Mr.. Bony, (I use the term, "Mister" very loosely), ye guru of SoCal autodom.........I thought (but I get in trouble when I think) that "bubbletops" were refering to 1961 Impala 2dr. HT's and 1962 BelAir 2dr. HT's (not Impalas in 62). I have never heard the 59 or 60 mentioned as a "bubble" but I learn sumptin' all the time. I am too lazy to go to the "bubble" forum. Perhaps Bouncy would care to share a "bubble bath" whereby we could discuss "bubbles" and "tops"? I am definitely into conservation.

Make sure to post the video!:rofl

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

I don't think Chevy ever trademarked the name 'bubble top", just something which we called the two door hardtops from 59 through 62

You'll have to negociate with Bouncy on your own... I can't speak for her...
or you negociate with this guy selling his bubble top:biggrin:lol:biggrin
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...oryZ6169QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
here is another on...

Attachments

• 300153966183_1_0_1.jpg
    300153966183_1_0_1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 99

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
While it pains me to do so, I have to admit Bony is right. "Bubble Top" refers to all '59 thru '62 2dr htps with the large "greenhouse" rear window. It's a term car guys applied to such models...'wasn't a "factory" term. GENERALLY, they were for the most part all Impala's, though there were a few Bel Airs (DARN few...I understand about 200 ...all of which supposedly went to Canada) made in '59 - mebbe in '60 too, but I've never seen one - that also had that style top. There was only one Bubble Top model built in '62, however; the Bel Air 2dr "Sport Coupe". That year the Impala 2dr htps themselves had the new 'convertible' roof line.

Actually, while the term was usually applied only to Chevys, it also (at least in later years) has been applied to Pontiacs, Olds & Buicks of those same years as they all shared the same style roof. Though Caddy also shared that roof line, I've never heard that term applied to them.

Anyway, I take it nunna yewz are privy to where I might find someone with wunna these restored '59/'60 Impala's 4 sale. And here all along I thought this crowd would know where to find ANYTHING.:frown:frown:frown

I'm crushed.:smash

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
While it pains me to do so, I have to admit Bony is right. "Bubble Top" refers to all '59 thru '62 2dr htps with the large "greenhouse" rear window. It's a term car guys applied to such models...'wasn't a "factory" term. GENERALLY, they were for the most part all Impala's, though there were a few Bel Airs (DARN few...I understand about 200 ...all of which supposedly went to Canada) made in '59 - mebbe in '60 too, but I've never seen one - that also had that style top. There was only one Bubble Top model built in '62, however; the Bel Air 2dr "Sport Coupe". That year the Impala 2dr htps themselves had the new 'convertible' roof line.

Anyway, I take it nunna yewz are privy to where I might find someone with wunna these restored '59/'60 Impala's 4 sale. And here all along I thought this crowd would know where to find ANYTHING.:frown:frown:frown

I'm crushed.:smash

Just practice saying 'YES DEAR'
I trained Mrs. Bony 36 years ago to do that and it works for her and me:thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yes, Dear. :ack:bs

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
tanks :)

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Car for Larry

0302_041960_chevrolet_impalarear_le.jpg

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

DOES SHE COME WITH IT?????????:eek

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
I'm work'n on it Larry. Butt, it won't be cheap. :wink

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'm work'n on it Larry. Butt, it won't be cheap. :wink

They never are ... (sigh)

I'm still astonished that there isn't a soul here on The 'Forum who knows where to find one of these! I really 'figgered' it'd be "one stop shopping"! Honest injun!:biggrin