Looking for 2006 VIN ...1827

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2006
Has anyone seen or heard of the 2006 Tungsten, one-option (painted brake calipers), no stripe car, VIN ending in 1827? I'd like to buy it back.

Ken Silverman

fordgtforsale.com

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jun 8, 2007
We havent seen it. Who did you sell it to? May want to ask Shelby at Elite autos who is the number 1 GT BROKER

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Has anyone seen or heard of the 2006 Tungsten, one-option (painted brake calipers), no stripe car, VIN ending in 1827? I'd like to buy it back.

Ken Silverman

I had a Ferrari I bought new several years back and wanted to find out "if" it might be for sale, where it was etc. It had been about 9yrs or so since I sold it. I have a friend at the Texas Highway Patrol. They ran the VIN nationwide and it came up in Orange County Ca. No phone or other contact info though. So every anal Ferrari owner always has to have the almighty book stamps so I just figured it was being serviced close by. Sure enough the local Ferrari dealer had serviced it and put me in contact with the owner. I guess any state trooper or similar law group can do the same.

Another way is have a Ford dealer run an "Oasis" on it. Should give you where it has been serviced. Contact that dealer and sweet talk 'em.

Last edited:

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Can't you just run the VIN thru Carfax?

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
No personal experience, but here are a few sites that were posted on one of the other boards I frequent.

http://the-lost-car-registry.com/

http://www.cardetective.com/vin-lookup.html

http://www.ustrace.com/mvr.htm

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Whoooops!

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Whoooops!

Isn't the 1st time this has happened....

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
I would try the CARFAX or AUTOCheck route - assuming you have the full VIN from previous ownership.

Good luck with buying that one back. Can't say for sure - but I think it's only one of two, no stripe Tungsten's around. And I know Harley Cluxton has the first one off the line from 2006. There's a spreadsheet somewhere that states the production #'s - but as you probably know, there are less of those than most other no stripe cars out there.

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona

Ken Silverman

I would try the CARFAX or AUTOCheck route - assuming you have the full VIN from previous ownership.

All Ford GT VIN numbers are in the World Registry of Cobra & GT40s - I'll PM yours to you, in case you don't have it.

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
More than two. I have had 3 or 4 tungsten no stripes myself....

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
+1 (or 2). I've got a buddy here who has two tungsten no stripes himself.

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
+1 (or 2). I've got a buddy here who has two tungsten no stripes himself.

Here are the matrices again. There were 25 Tungsten stripe-delete, plus 22 side-stripe only.

Attachments

• 2005 Ford GT Paint & Option Matirix - Color.jpg
    2005 Ford GT Paint & Option Matirix - Color.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 2006 Ford GT Paint & Option Matrix - Color.jpg
    2006 Ford GT Paint & Option Matrix - Color.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 166

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
which comes to 47 tungsten cars with no top stripes. Side stripe dont matter in my opinion being that they are a decal that can be installed or removed easily

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I would think that caliper color can also be changed easily, it's the painted stripe, and what appears on the invoice that are the more difficult items to "alter". Another question would be how many of these are non salvaged? Since becoming an owner, I've heard all kinds of stories as to how many cars were hit and never reported through insurance, etc. Yes when buying through someone like Shelby, you're going to be comfortable with knowing it's a "clean car", other than that, obtaining a PPI from someone who knows what they're doing is a necessity!

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
I have two in Canada #765 45000 miles and #2008 no miles just sits on a hoist looking pretty