looking a getting a Ford GT

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
:driving:
So, I logged in 300 miles yesterday.. the first time I ever drove a GT... I have a ZR1, and a SL600 - V12. For comparison, the GT has no room, no gadgets, no sat, no NAV, doesn't even have a cup holder.. no room for the cell phone, and terible on gas...hard to get in and out... that being said... IT IS BY FAR MY FAVORITE CAR..... WOW - while it might not be much faster than the ZR1,, it is just a great driving experiance. As for the curb appeal - forget about it,, at least ten people gave the old thumbs up.. and it truely is a classic.. If I need a cup holder, sat, nav or other gadgets I will just drive the SUV... if I want to go for a Drive... the GT will be my first choice....

I am planning on attending the Rally...

look forward to meeting other GT drivers on the road...
Thanks
Kurt

I do have a "smart mirror", which has built in Nav, back up camera, & bluetooth. I have the rubber tray available here from one of the members, that I put my cell phone on, no cup holder, don't want any liquid sloshing around in the car anyway. As for gas, hell, I got about 23 mpg on a road trip and I don't think that's so bad, maybe not as good as your ZR1 can get, or my NSX, but still quite respectable. And yes, thumbs up, extra time at gas stations, kids wanting to sit in it, never gets old. I've put over 8,000 miles on the car in less than 2 years and can't wait to put more on!!!! Enjoy the ride, the SL600 is a nice boulevard cruiser, the ZR1 is the king of the Vettes, but the GT..........well it's a GT, 'nuff said!!!

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
There is a solution to the cell phone thing. I need to get one myself. Can't find it right off but I'm sure someone will and post the link here (so I can find it too !!! )

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Kert,

Congrads and welcome to the family.......Now, has the Vette ever (even on it's best day) drawn so much attention and admiration???? NOOOT!
As for the Benz,,,,just another commodity car......way to many of them......

You now own a real piece of history..... A FORD GT!!!!

Drive safe my friend,
GTJIMMY

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
StormCat sells bottleholders.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
We also have the bottle holders in stock :)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Pointer to pics of the bottle holders please. I already spilled a cup of diet coke on the passenger seat and really get cranky if I don't have something to drink (coffee or diet coke) while I'm driving :)

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Pointer to pics of the bottle holders please. I already spilled a cup of diet coke on the passenger seat and really get cranky if I don't have something to drink (coffee or diet coke) while I'm driving :)

Not the greatest photo to see inside the car, but you CAN see it (I've only got one, since I'm going to install Kip's double DIN).

5073250631_8afb01047c_b.jpg

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Oh wait, I can brighten up the interior. How's this?

GT Interior bright for bottle holder.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Stormcat Makes those, correct?

I fartred around and did not get one when he was down to his last 2.

Maybe he would be up for another production run if interest with all the new guys here?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Look for a thread here about bottleholders for excellent pictures.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I am sure you have been busy having fun with your GT. Did you get your results? It was a dyno tune right?
Thnx

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
I had Shelby do the Pully and tune, don't think he dynoed it, don't know for sure..