Long Lost GT (sold new from Charapp Ford)

BSim27

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 14, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
I have an old neighbor that has been searching for the 05/06 GT that was purchased new by his brother. It is a red car that was delivered new to Charapp Ford just south of Pittsburgh, PA. The brother had to sell the car following the financial crisis 2008-09. The brother has passed away and my friend wanted to see if by chance the current owner would consider selling. Any leads would be appreciated.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Was it an 05 or 06 and any idea on the VIN?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Yeah, I would hope the neighbor has the VIN somewhere in their documents. If not, I'd try contacting Charapp Ford (now Cochran Ford?) and cross your fingers and beg and plead for somebody to please dig thru Charapp's old records to see if they have any on selling an 05/6 red GT, and hope they sold only one. Then if you do get the VIN you could run a Carfax on it and hopefully find out at least the state and maybe city it's in now. Beyond that, I guess do an internet search and search this forum, all while still crossing your fingers, rubbing a rabbit's foot, promising first born, etc. 🔍

I like a challenge. Interested to hear what you find ... good luck!

Reactions: dshears

BSim27

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 14, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
Do not know if it’s an 05 or 06 and we do not know the Vin. Interestingly the ford dealership was sold long ago and is now a grocery store. Maybe Ford corporate would have records? It was a small dealership so my thought is that most likely they only sold 1.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Do not know if it’s an 05 or 06 and we do not know the Vin. Interestingly the ford dealership was sold long ago and is now a grocery store. Maybe Ford corporate would have records? It was a small dealership so my thought is that most likely they only sold 1.
Any Ford dealer can look up service records that were performed on that GT. Worth a try using a name search for this,

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Privacy laws would likely limit sharing that info

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Privacy laws would likely limit sharing that info

Yes that is Possibly true, however searching for a VIN, to me at least, doesn't even come close a personal privacy violation.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Only thing you can do is get unlimited pass on carfax and run every single vin for the gt. It will show which dealership first sold it.

Reactions: HNS

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Charapp Ford was in Natrona Heights, PA (although it's NE of Pittsburgh rather than south) https://www.dealer24x7.com/Charapp-...-Heights/PA/2c3b878584234db68b071d7e0d6afde1/

... and now Cochran Ford of Allegheny Valley is in Natrona Heights https://www.cochranford.com/about-us/

... and both sites show their address as 110 Route 908, Natrona Heights, PA.

So I'd ask them if they used to be Charapp Ford and if so is there any chance they have old documentation on selling a red 2005/6 GT ... and that all you need is the VIN, no personal info ... and still cross your fingers, and toss more eye of newt into your cauldron.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Another tack……..does his family know who it was insured with? They would have the VIN and should be easier than an out of business dealership. How about old registration paperwork in an old filing cabinet?

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
We had a 1970 Buick GS 4spd big block convertible. Rare Buick.
I walked in to the small dealership in Iowa at least 30 years after they sold the car.
Dealership had changed names, probably owners, but I found a salesman that had been there that long, and he had even married the original dealership owner's daughter.
Never know until you ask...………………….

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
We had a 1970 Buick GS 4spd big block convertible. Rare Buick.
I walked in to the small dealership in Iowa at least 30 years after they sold the car.
Dealership had changed names, probably owners, but I found a salesman that had been there that long, and he had even married the original dealership owner's daughter.
Never know until you ask...………………….

Someday I will marry a ferrari dealership owner's daughter.

Reactions: 289 4spd and KJD

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
If your serious, maybe consider hiring a private investigator.

06 fgt

GT Owner
Jul 20, 2022
arnold mo
im shure with todays tech,somehow you can find the vin

Fiji_99

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2020
Indiana
Have Kevin Marti, Marti Autoworks, run a search with the options and dealer info and you’ll get the VIN. Likely only one with these options sold at that dealership. Should be easy, might cost you $200 or so for the research.