Local Car friend RIP

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't really check the Corvette boards that often anymore, but as an insomniac, I was surfing over at Corvetteforum only to find out some terrible news.

Anybody who knows C5 and C6 Corvettes has probably heard of Vette Essentials owned by Ken and Sandy King. They do great quality interior work. I knew Ken from before the time VE became his full-time gig. At many a track day and Corvette gathering, you could expect to see Ken smiling and talking even faster than he drove. Just an all around affable guy.

Sadly, he died yesterday of an apparent massive heart attack at only 46. There were no warning signs. He leaves his wife and young daughter behind.

A sad reminder of how short life can be, but a great example of living like there is no tomorrow.

R.I.P Ken King

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Dave, sorry for the loss of your friend... I have been to four funerals this year, sad to lose a buddy. May he RIP and always be remembered.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Sorry to here of the loss. It is very hard to lose anyone and when they are that young it just makes it all the harder to understand.

Very sad,
Take Care, Steve

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
It sounds trite but tomorrow really isn't promised to any of us, no matter how successful, healthy, wealthy, etc. anyone may be. So you're right and John Lennon was right when he said something like 'life is what happens while you're busy planning'. Sorry about your friend Ken and especially for his wife and daughter -- it sounds, however, like the family followed their passions while he was alive.

Bman33

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2006
Miami
wow I cant believe it.. I have his interior installed in my Z06. I have only talked to him and his wife on the phone a few times, he was truly a nice guy and a great soul. I am so so sorry to hear this.