Liz Taylor: 1932 - 2011

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Legendary Actress Elizabeth Taylor Dies at Age 79

liz.jpg

Elizabeth Taylor, whose acting talent and made-for-tabloids personal life combined to make her one of Hollywood's most alluring and lasting figures, died Wednesday at age 79. Taylor's publicist, Sally Morrison, confirmed that she died of congestive heart failure at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where she had been hospitalized for six weeks.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Sad day. RIP

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Rip

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
She was before my time but I'll say this about her: she crammed a ton of life into the years she had.

FM99

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 4, 2008
Iowa
She was my first heart throb when I saw her playing Rebeca (sp) in Ivanhoe. Sad. RIP

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Violet eyes

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It's a long story for a short few days, but I just got back from Korea and heard about her passing this morning. I came back from Seoul to the Bay Area for meetings here for the rest of the week. The news just had a spot on her support of Aids research and treatment. San Francisco is apparently one of her beneficiaries for treatment centers.

One of my favorite movies ever, definitely in the top 10 and probably in my top 5, is Giant, starring Liz and Rock Hudson. It was her relationship with him and his struggle with Aids that got Liz involved with Aids research. By the way, it really is a great movie.

She was also quite supportive of Michael Jackson during his struggles with the press.

In short, Liz was a great friend to have.

I will miss her and look upon her movies with a familiar fondness.

P.S. While we're at it, Giant included James Dean, Dennis Hopper and Sal Mineo in the cast. And then there was Chill Wills, Paul Fix and Rod Taylor. Not bad.

Last edited: