Lets help fellow board members out here!

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
A few GT owners are also lamborghini owners and are active on lamborghini boards. Clax and I have made no secret of our feelings for our GT's vs Lamborghinis that we own or have owned, yet the lambo guys can't deal with the fact that the GT out performs the lamborghinis (let alone the z06). Check it out here:

http://www.lambo-power.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16739

Gt owners, please feel free to chime in! :thumbsup

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
Here is my response....

"Clax, you've written everything I'd write if I felt like wearing the letters off of my keyboard! I don't have a Murci, but I do own a GT and a Gallardo. I'm not a huge fan of the GT's looks, but after driving it for 5 minutes, I knew I had to have one! I drove my friend's Murci, and honestly liked my Gallardo better. The Murci felt heavy, period. And I may be the minority here, but I honestly think the Gallardo is a better looking car! IMHO it's one of the prettiest cars ever made. When people ask me how my G compares to the GT, my answer is pretty short. The Lambo looks and sounds much better to me. The quality of the interior is better, but the interior in the GT is cooler, for lack of a better word. The Lambo feels a little more nimble, and the brakes feel a little better. I stress the word little. The GT wins in just about every other category! It's much faster, the tranny is amazing, and it feels more solid. I'm scared I'm going to break something every time I drive the Lambo, but the GT feels like it can be driven the way I want to drive it. AND it's easier to drive! The clutch is light, and it doesn't jerk around like the Egear in my G. Not to mention the fact that the thought of replacing the clutch in my Lambo after for or five hard starts gives me nightmares! I honestly hate Ford, and I'm a little pissed that this fantastic car has a blue oval on the hood, but they did this one right! The looks and the Ford "stigma" kept me from even taking a serious look at one for a long time, but I'm really glad I did! I absolutely LOVE this car! The Gallardo is for sale. Flame suit on, but unbuttoned. I need a tan. ;) "

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Thanks!

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
abolfaz said:

No problem! It's the truth, and nothing but the truth!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Meh, who cares? Does the GT really need defending? People who know Lambos know what certain people on that board are all about. This is a board feauturing constant attacks on Ferrari fans as "F-fags". Mature. If a Ferrari fan want's to get all gusseied up in his gear, more power to him for having that kind of passion about the car.

There are plenty of people here who love/own both. In fact, several multi-lambo converts. The Murcielago is on my personal short list of great all-time autos. The Gallardo is a fantastic car as well. But it's not like anything will ever change the mind of some of the nouveau riche who desperately need only the badge, regardless of what's underneath it.

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
Big Carrot said:
Here is my response....

"Clax, you've written everything I'd write if I felt like wearing the letters off of my keyboard! I don't have a Murci, but I do own a GT and a Gallardo. I'm not a huge fan of the GT's looks, but after driving it for 5 minutes, I knew I had to have one! I drove my friend's Murci, and honestly liked my Gallardo better. The Murci felt heavy, period. And I may be the minority here, but I honestly think the Gallardo is a better looking car! IMHO it's one of the prettiest cars ever made. When people ask me how my G compares to the GT, my answer is pretty short. The Lambo looks and sounds much better to me. The quality of the interior is better, but the interior in the GT is cooler, for lack of a better word. The Lambo feels a little more nimble, and the brakes feel a little better. I stress the word little. The GT wins in just about every other category! It's much faster, the tranny is amazing, and it feels more solid. I'm scared I'm going to break something every time I drive the Lambo, but the GT feels like it can be driven the way I want to drive it. AND it's easier to drive! The clutch is light, and it doesn't jerk around like the Egear in my G. Not to mention the fact that the thought of replacing the clutch in my Lambo after for or five hard starts gives me nightmares! I honestly hate Ford, and I'm a little pissed that this fantastic car has a blue oval on the hood, but they did this one right! The looks and the Ford "stigma" kept me from even taking a serious look at one for a long time, but I'm really glad I did! I absolutely LOVE this car! The Gallardo is for sale. Flame suit on, but unbuttoned. I need a tan. ;) "

Just about perfectly said. I've had the Gallardo Spyder a good month now. My GT is over at Genaddi getting the conversion. I'll chime in once I have both "roadsters" available for some summertime comparisons. If I had to pick a favorite now, and I hate to say it, but I'd go with the Lambo, mostly cuz I can drop the top and i don't feel claustrophobic.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I had a Murcielago and enjoyed the driving experience a great deal. It's car with a tremendous presence on the road, a vice-like grip in corners, a stunningly beautiful car to look at and a lovely sound to match it's performance. I also posted a while back that I felt a fool getting out of it as it's so 'loud' to look at - which I suspect a Lamborghini always should be. Fantastic - but ultimately not for me.

As mentioned above, the GT does not need to defend it's position - and that is part of the fun. We shouldn't lower ourselves to the rather puerile discussions on what goes faster, or which is ultimately better - they're different.

If some Lamborghini or Ferrari owners are upset about the GT - well I think old man Ford would be most satisfied with that outcome, for that was it's orginal purpose. The current GT, like it's world-class ancestor, did not have years of R&D, they built it and it won.

As to comments about Ford generally - I have several Fords, (Aston Martins and Jaguars), Ford is simply too diverse to apply such comments. Unlike other manufacturers, Ford is not a one trick pony.

As a car enthusiast, I'm proud to own a GT - my own little piece of motoring history sitting in the garage.

That's my two cents!

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Well said Neil!

Eric