LeMans 2017 Pictures & Stories

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Wow, what a finish! Ford wins 2 nod. Place in last 1/4 lap! Congratulations! 2-6-7-10 finish!

Last edited:

fordification

Aug 9, 2005
Wow, just got passed vette just on last porsche curve. Terrible video coverage.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
No thanks to Fox coverage but 2nd. Great finish

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Yeah baby!!!!!

2nd with a pass right in front of us right before the finish line.

Chip

Attachments

• IMG_2488.jpg
    IMG_2488.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 239

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Pretty damn good finish, considering the shackles put on them by the BOP. All in, I think it was probably harder to finish 2nd this year than 1st last year. Congrats to everyone at Ford, and you guys should be prouder than Aston Martin of your results.

I sure hope the race teams gang up on the race committee/rules writers to come up with rules that don't change for every race (even practices) and "equalize" outcomes. Set the rules well ahead of the season, and don't change them. If Ford or Ferrari builds a superior car, then the others have to step up too. Porsche fielded a new car, so should Aston and Chevy.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Here's another ill-considered thought: Ford could pull out of the remainder of the WEC in protest, and save their effort for LeMans 2018. That way they don't give the BOP handicappers any more data on the car with which to hobble it.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
It's now a half hour after the race on FOX and I only learned on this Forum that Ford took 2nd in the final lap. Decent coverage on FOX until the end. FOX still shows Corvette in second. I'm still not sure where Ford finished.

Howard

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Pretty damn good finish, considering the shackles put on them by the BOP. All in, I think it was probably harder to finish 2nd this year than 1st last year. Congrats to everyone at Ford, and you guys should be prouder than Aston Martin of your results.

I sure hope the race teams gang up on the race committee/rules writers to come up with rules that don't change for every race (even practices) and "equalize" outcomes. Set the rules well ahead of the season, and don't change them. If Ford or Ferrari builds a superior car, then the others have to step up too. Porsche fielded a new car, so should Aston and Chevy.

Great line about harder to finish second this year than first last year. When the most obsolete car in the class wins you know they got the BoP wrong. But great job Ford overcoming your inherit design/power advantage...which essentially becomes a disadvantage with BoP. Great finish to keep it interesting for the fans! Proof that you never give up at Le Mans, because anything can happen until you cross the line.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
The Ferrari guys have to be pissed too. They got buried by the BOP.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
It's now a half hour after the race on FOX and I only learned on this Forum that Ford took 2nd in the final lap. Decent coverage on FOX until the end. FOX still shows Corvette in second. I'm still not sure where Ford finished.

Howard[/QUOT

They showed a glimpse of the pass going to commercial and did not mention it on fox for the 15 minutes after the race. I finally googled the result

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
No thanks to Fox coverage but 2nd. Great finish

CONGRATS TO THE FORD TEAM FOR A GREAT P2 FINISH,

FX1 commentary and coverage was very poor and difficult to follow ... especially the position/team graphics. Fox needs to up its game or get BoP'd.

usmcfred

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA

The funny thing is that such behavior is detrimental to the whole racing league, what's the point of Ford, Ferrari and Porsche to build new expensive cars to race when they are just going to get BOP'd out of competitiveness?

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
CONGRATS TO THE FORD TEAM FOR A GREAT P2 FINISH,

FX1 commentary and coverage was very poor and difficult to follow ... especially the position/team graphics. Fox needs to up its game or get BoP'd.

usmcfred

Agreed. It was confusing to follow.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That was an immensely satisfying finish. What a drive by Tincknell, and to pass the Corvette at the very end just a few hundred yards from the end and right in front of us? Really awesome. Would have loved the win but that has to be the most satisfying second place of all-time.

Hospitality was even better this year. They did an excellent job. Really hope we can do it again in 2018.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
The funny thing is that I could see people calling for Ford to have even more BOP restrictions as they managed to pull off 2nd.

2018 Le Mans BOP restrictions:

F5e5kjM.jpg

The Ford team did a insanely great job and finishing with all four cars is always an accomplishment in this race; pulling off 2nd was just amazing.

Last edited:

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
^^^^ Best post of the day.

Howard

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas

Howard[/QUOT

They showed a glimpse of the pass going to commercial and did not mention it on fox for the 15 minutes after the race. I finally googled the result

+1 What a valiant effort and amazing P2 finish!!! Congratulations to Ford and all 4 teams!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Now that's a funny picture.

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
It makes a mockery of spending hundreds of millions in developing top class cars like the Ford and the Ferrari, and completely reinventing the Porsche 911, when
Aston Martin spend not one penny on development, and turn up with an ancient car in racing terms, continue to hide performance as they have done for over a decade, then bitch whinge and moan that BoP is unfair...it beggars belief how they continually get away it.

Having the most modern, hi tech machinery dumbed down to the lowest level of car is plainly wrong. All hail to Aston Martin, true kings of manipulation and laughing at the development money spent by competitors.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
9b98778573f33cb9223db1a2ab9fd818.jpg

Time to go home. Packing up the cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk