Left/Driver’s Side Cooling System Buzz

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I noticed this with my 2019 Ford GT almost immediately after taking delivery. I mentioned the sound to my concierge and to my servicing dealer (Galpin Ford) on my first service last November. Both parties acknowledged it but suggested it wasn’t a concern.

I’ll describe the sound as specifically as I can.

It never happens at start up because it’s clearly related to the cooling system, which isn’t working very hard at start up.

You’ll first hear it after the car is at operating temperature, but even then you won’t hear it consistently. Seems undeniably related to driver’s side cooling fan as it starts to cycle.

At first I thought the buzzing was the fan itself, but when the fan comes on it’s a louder and deeper tone, basically sounding exactly like what it is (a cooling fan blowing air). And that all sounds fine (a mid-tone whirring or whooshing).

The buzzing is related to the cooling fan activity, but the buzzing can be heard whether the fan is blowing or not. Another thread suggested it’s too much pressure in the cooling system, and that Ford is currently working on a software update to address it.

When I first heard it (a year and a half ago) I though it was a fan bearing or fan imbalance, and I figured it would only get worse with time. But it’s about the same as it was 18 months ago. Maybe it’s a bit louder or maybe I’m just convinced/paranoid it’s louder.

Anyway, it seems others have heard this same sound so I thought I’d start a thread. If you’ve heard it and have more info, please share.

I will try to get video/audio of the sound and upload it.

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
I noticed this with my 2019 Ford GT almost immediately after taking delivery. I mentioned the sound to my concierge and to my servicing dealer (Galpin Ford) on my first service last November. Both parties acknowledged it but suggested it wasn’t a concern.

I’ll describe the sound as specifically as I can.

It never happens at start up because it’s clearly related to the cooling system, which isn’t working very hard at start up.

You’ll first hear it after the car is at operating temperature, but even then you won’t hear it consistently. Seems undeniably related to driver’s side cooling fan as it starts to cycle.

At first I thought the buzzing was the fan itself, but when the fan comes on it’s a louder and deeper tone, basically sounding exactly like what it is (a cooling fan blowing air). And that all sounds fine (a mid-tone whirring or whooshing).

The buzzing is related to the cooling fan activity, but the buzzing can be heard whether the fan is blowing or not. Another thread suggested it’s too much pressure in the cooling system, and that Ford is currently working on a software update to address it.

When I first heard it (a year and a half ago) I though it was a fan bearing or fan imbalance, and I figured it would only get worse with time. But it’s about the same as it was 18 months ago. Maybe it’s a bit louder or maybe I’m just convinced/paranoid it’s louder.

Anyway, it seems others have heard this same sound so I thought I’d start a thread. If you’ve heard it and have more info, please share.

I will try to get video/audio of the sound and upload it.

Hello ENZO BTR I have heard the noise you are talking about and have a video of it but for some reason I can't download it .......Ford and Multimatic were working on a fix before COID-19 shut everything down, I will keep you all posted when a fix is available.

Joe

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I asked people about GT sounds & was told they know what it is: it's a race car.

Ed

Reactions: italianjoe