Le Mans 2016 - June 18th and 19th, 2016

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
For every person that commits to this trip without details, Dave raises the price a grand. Haha....

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Raise it another grand then. We are all in. :)

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Mike: You better ask Jovette!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
When you can cross off three bucket list items from your list in one trip (the Ring, Spa, leMans), the money sorta becomes irrelevant doesn't it?

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
This is a once in a lifetime deal....Im in. Standing by for details.

Shoboat

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 23, 2005
Toledo Ohio
Count me in Dave.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Just a heads up for those thinking of bringing your GT to Europe next year. I know of one event that was canceled due to inability of the participants to obtain insurance over there and another individual gong "on assignment" reported the same. Best to be thinking about it sooner rather than later.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I hope so!

Otherwise, I'll have to start moving on an independent program!

Don't wait if you can't!

For every person that commits to this trip without details, Dave raises the price a grand. Haha....

Come on, just a grand? :biggrin

Seriously though, here's the scoop:

I first met with staff at (then) Ford Racing in early 2014 about this adventure. They asked if we'd ever considered doing something at Le Mans. Hmm.

At Le Mans this June during the race program reveal, I met with some great staff from FMC European PR to outline a plan. We discussed the broad strokes of how Ford can incorporate GT Owners into an exclusive experience for the historic 50th anniversary of the 1-2-3 and the return of Ford GT at Le Mans in 2016. In subsequent communications, we agreed on what I think will be a true once-in-a-lifetime experience.

As you heard from Edsel Ford at Rally 10, this will be a who's who of Ford and Ford GT history. Edsel and Henry will be there to host. The list of Ford VIPs will be massive. This past June I sat at the table next to Bill Ford and Mark Fields, and they were only there to say "we're back" (ok, and Bill got to wave the flag for the start). Ford wants all of the big names in Ford GT racing history that are capable of making the trip to be there. Gurney, Foyt, Amon, etc. Mose Nowland's smile lit up the room when Edsel said Mose would be there. All the cars from the historic 66-69 run will be there. Unparalleled access to 2016 race team drivers, management and staff. And a limited number of GT owners in an expanded trackside hospitality at the same raccordement location we were in this year.

I have not yet posted all the details because Ford is working with the ACO to finalize details only they can accomplish. Needless to say, the ACO is just as enthusiastic as we are for the 50th anniversary, so there will be some unbelievable opportunities to participate in the festivities. When the details are final (eta - "early September"), we will have a website with all information and where the hospitality package can be purchased. I do believe you will be pleased.

Personally, there is nothing, and I mean nothing, that beats Le Mans if you love motorsport. And that's with no significant rooting interest. The fact we'll be there next year to watch Ford GT race on the circuit on the 50th anniversary of the 1-2-3 really blows my mind...

fordlm.jpg

18800414391_5ce75b2af6_z.jpg

18609964760_257e6ba91e_z.jpg

The view across the track to the Porsche facility:
18610122430_5f5cdd5e5d_z.jpg

Lucky us in 2015
18800414611_0502ac89da_z.jpg

18611886739_ea72e403de_z.jpg

Lucky to be with the design all stars of FMC and the New GT - Craig Metros, Chris Svensson, Moray Callum, Todd Willing
11143087_10204133102029048_6066438456594908688_o.jpg

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Count me in!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
So good. What an opportunity. Unbelievable what you can accomplish Dave. Impressive.

Vince H

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Count Sue and I in for sure. Thanks Dave for your posting and work. Whoo Hoo.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
If you're counting heads, I'm interested too.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Another great "teaser from Dave" as if we need it.:thumbsup

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
16 days in Europe? Easy packing for Dave. :wink

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 239

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
:lol

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
We're in. Can't wait for full details of the adventure of a lifetime!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
All that make jokes and fun won't be invited!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Don't wait if you can't!

Come on, just a grand? :biggrin

Seriously though, here's the scoop:

I first met with staff at (then) Ford Racing in early 2014 about this adventure. They asked if we'd ever considered doing something at Le Mans. Hmm.

At Le Mans this June during the race program reveal, I met with some great staff from FMC European PR to outline a plan. We discussed the broad strokes of how Ford can incorporate GT Owners into an exclusive experience for the historic 50th anniversary of the 1-2-3 and the return of Ford GT at Le Mans in 2016. In subsequent communications, we agreed on what I think will be a true once-in-a-lifetime experience.

As you heard from Edsel Ford at Rally 10, this will be a who's who of Ford and Ford GT history. Edsel and Henry will be there to host. The list of Ford VIPs will be massive. This past June I sat at the table next to Bill Ford and Mark Fields, and they were only there to say "we're back" (ok, and Bill got to wave the flag for the start). Ford wants all of the big names in Ford GT racing history that are capable of making the trip to be there. Gurney, Foyt, Amon, etc. Mose Nowland's smile lit up the room when Edsel said Mose would be there. All the cars from the historic 66-69 run will be there. Unparalleled access to 2016 race team drivers, management and staff. And a limited number of GT owners in an expanded trackside hospitality at the same raccordement location we were in this year.

I have not yet posted all the details because Ford is working with the ACO to finalize details only they can accomplish. Needless to say, the ACO is just as enthusiastic as we are for the 50th anniversary, so there will be some unbelievable opportunities to participate in the festivities. When the details are final (eta - "early September"), we will have a website with all information and where the hospitality package can be purchased. I do believe you will be pleased.

Personally, there is nothing, and I mean nothing, that beats Le Mans if you love motorsport. And that's with no significant rooting interest. The fact we'll be there next year to watch Ford GT race on the circuit on the 50th anniversary of the 1-2-3 really blows my mind

If Mose goes, so will I. ;-))

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Some things never change.

16 days in Europe? Easy packing for Dave. :wink

Le Mans 5 years ago. Looking forward to this years event.

Chip

Attachments

• LeMans 2.jpg
    LeMans 2.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 228

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Damn it! :lol