Laser engraved lug nut orders

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
Hi everyone,
First I want to apologize for the long time we have been working on these. I ended up out of town on business last week and fully expected to return and find the clear chrome ones done and the black ones at PVD coating. After the chrome plating process two problems became evident. In some of the parts the steel showed lead stringers which disolve in the acid bath on the plating line leaving a small pin hole. The steel should have the lead evenly dispersed throughout the bar so this does not happen. We have not seen this issue in years but it showed up on this run. Luckily the percentage appears very small and I did run extras so I am hoping this will only be another minor delay. The second issue that cropped up was an unknown issue in the plating bath which produced a slightly speckled appearance to the parts which is not acceptable. They will have to be stripped and replated which will take a week or so.

I feel terrible about the delays but I do not want to ship anything that is not 100%. If anyone would like their money refunded until the parts are ready to ship I will gladly do so as you guys have to be wondering what the ***** could I be doing taking this long. Please PM if you would like the refund. Otherwise I will post another update next week.

Derry

H

HHGT

Hi everyone,
First I want to apologize for the long time we have been working on these. I ended up out of town on business last week and fully expected to return and find the clear chrome ones done and the black ones at PVD coating. After the chrome plating process two problems became evident. In some of the parts the steel showed lead stringers which disolve in the acid bath on the plating line leaving a small pin hole. The steel should have the lead evenly dispersed throughout the bar so this does not happen. We have not seen this issue in years but it showed up on this run. Luckily the percentage appears very small and I did run extras so I am hoping this will only be another minor delay. The second issue that cropped up was an unknown issue in the plating bath which produced a slightly speckled appearance to the parts which is not acceptable. They will have to be stripped and replated which will take a week or so.

I feel terrible about the delays but I do not want to ship anything that is not 100%. If anyone would like their money refunded until the parts are ready to ship I will gladly do so as you guys have to be wondering what the ***** could I be doing taking this long. Please PM if you would like the refund. Otherwise I will post another update next week.

Derry

That is just Fricking Nuts...:willy:willy

In all seriousness, no rush here, take all the time you need and I appreciate your efforts and attention to details.:thumbsup:thumbsup

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Derry, my nuts are younger and in better working condition than HHGT's so if he can wait, so can I.

H

HHGT

Derry, my nuts are younger and in better working condition than HHGT's so if he can wait, so can I.

Oh shutup Kendall.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Sam just wants to polish them with his banana hammock he got from Bernie....... :rofl

H

HHGT

Sam just wants to polish them with his banana hammock he got from Bernie....... :rofl

Note to Self. Self, Mike is on my $hit list. Payback soon......

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Derry, No Problemo from Tomy Hamon

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
No Sweat, Derry - car doesn't see natural light 'til the end of April.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Kendall, that was a great reply. Keep it up and you'll rank with Neilda for understatement.

Derry, these guys obviously don't care anyhow, since none of them ordered on the first round years ago. Let them get them for Father's Day gifts in June.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Kendall, that was a great reply. Keep it up and you'll rank with Neilda for understatement.

Derry, these guys obviously don't care anyhow, since none of them ordered on the first round years ago. Let them get them for Father's Day gifts in June.

actually no - I truly was awaitng the leftovers from Round One... but some hound dogs soaked them up.

But it really appears that the quality and "freshness" of these will surpass the original trial run Franky! Sell ya a set bud- time causes these and their evaluation to increase my friend! Like a good Cabernet!

Quality comes First -

Thanks Derry!

BTW - Frank, I remember an earlier post of your "nuts" saved for posterity, in the original box, still being polished by you. Is that a side benefit of your job?

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
What about the Black sets? Any up date on those ??

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
The black ones are a PVD over the clear chrome so they are also impacted. The PVD typically takes 7 day turnaround then laser so the black ones should be about 2 weeks behind the chrome ones.